Sigma FP Timecode options

Pikepike

I have a Sound Devices Mix Pre 3ii and a Sigma Fp and I would really love to get them to sync timecode without having to buy the tentacle or the like. Has anyone made this work via HDMI or 3.5mm? 

I also have a Mozegear Tig Q28. With the Moze Gear I'm able to set the Sound Devices to the time gear and do the same with the sigma. However, they both get like one millisecond off. I'm guessing maybe the only way to do this right is to have two Q28s - one generating the camera timecode and one for the sound timecode. 

I'm not doing anything fancy just one sound recorder to one camera, but would love to have timecode, if anyone has any tips on a way to do this, cables to get etc. I'd love to hear it .

Thanks so much.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I think i did try it this way and they still drifted, but I'll try again. 

In fact while the Mozegear is plugged in to the Mix Pre 3ii it shows both and it shows a difference box at the bottom that jumps around, showing that the mix pre3 and the mozegear don't stay the same.. 

Also, I guess if I leave the Timecode box always on the camera it won't record audio? Which is not a huge deal but I do like having scratch in camera, especially if it turns out my timecodes aren't accurate! 

Also, I discovered, that if I just use the audio out on mix pre set to time code I can plug it into the camera and get the same timecode that way. Which also loses the audio track on camera (I think). This would negate the need for the mozegear, I guess, as long as I could have the recorder near the camera. 

On 10/8/2020 at 8:26 AM, Pikepike said:

Also, I guess if I leave the Timecode box always on the camera it won't record audio? Which is not a huge deal but I do like having scratch in camera, especially if it turns out my timecodes aren't accurate! 

I don't know the specifics of the Sigma FP, but would using a stereo splitter cable help? (or even better, a Tentacle Sync E)