Fuji X-S10

Carz

This looks like it could be a sweet little camera, possibly a mini X-H1.

Rumors point to a deep grip, IBIS, same screen and sensor as X-T4, old battery unfortunately, and priced at $999.

If fuji gets aggressive with this thing and gives us 4K60, we could have the budget king.

I just wish fuji could get rid of recording limits on their cameras.

And with the 10-24 mk2 lens supposedly coming this month, we will see if fuji has fixed all the auto focus and noise issues with their lenses.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 hours ago, Carz said:

If fuji gets aggressive with this thing and gives us 4K60, we could have the budget king.

I just wish fuji could get rid of recording limits on their cameras.

10bit is more important than 4K60
And yeah, hope it doesn't have a 10 minute limit like some Fuji do! (I could "live with" 30 minute limit)

I could live with 10 minutes.

In fact I could live with 1 minute...

My hybrid camera is very much up in the air still right now.

Ideally XH2 but it does not exist and no sign.

My S5 might still do it, but more testing and waiting on those f1.8 lenses to materialise.

Z6ii most likely.

This new Fuji has an outside chance...

I would rather it had a tilt than a flippy and could live with the old battery and as long as it has the stills capability of the XT3, for me it comes down to the video spec for short clips.

I suspect at this price point however it’s going to be capped.

1 hour ago, Amazeballs said:

Yeap, there is no point of giving it XT4 specs for half the price, so I would not expect 4k60 even 8 bit. 

I agree. I think it will be capped at 30p and maybe just 10 mins?

1 hour ago, Amazeballs said:

IMO Fuji makes to damn lots of cameras. They should focus on 3-4 models, saving resources, R&D and capitalising on mass production. 

Also agree with that. To an extent.

I wish with the Pro3 they'd had the balls to make it photo only.

Have the XT3/4 line as the hybrid but photo-centric option with the XT30/40 a smaller, cheaper, less well-specced option.

XH1 another hybrid, but with a strong bias towards video and built in battery grip in order to balance larger zooms etc.

X100. Great. Street, personal, travel, fixed lens beauty.

Then there is the Bayer XT100 is it and XA line. Bin them both! Just dilutes the brand IMO. Ditto cheap compacts.

So where does the new one fit in?

I suspect they are killing the XT30/XE3 line and amalgamating them into this new single line that is 'sub-pro' and a general purpose item rather than anything specific.

It will probably sell well and it intrigues me but as you say, no way it can be allowed to compete with the XT4.

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

Then there is the Bayer XT100 is it and XA line. Bin them both! Just dilutes the brand IMO. Ditto cheap compacts.

A Lens Mount Ecosystem lives or dies on its ability to attract new blood to it. 
The XT100 and XA series provides a great entry point for newbies to Fuji X Mount. 
(my first X Mount camera is a Fujifilm X-A3!)

32 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

A Lens Mount Ecosystem lives or dies on its ability to attract new blood to it. 
The XT100 and XA series provides a great entry point for newbies to Fuji X Mount. 
(my first X Mount camera is a Fujifilm X-A3!)

That's true and I expect that's part of the aim with this new camera, albeit pitched slightly higher up the food chain?

Well that's it then for me, it's struck off! 🤪

I never expected for one second it was going to challenge an XT4 and that's my minimum spec for my needs.

I'll still be interested to see it and where it fits into the marketplace just out of curiosity more than anything.

A great camera company/brand are Fuji and they deserve to do well so best wishes to them even though I am no longer a Fujista myself.

For me (personal use only), is almost the camera that I'm waiting for ages to Fuji doing - just preferred a rangefinder body.

4k60 would be good, but (for me) is not a deal breaker. Time limit, yes - 10 min is ok most of the time, but when shooting concerts I need a little more time for some songs (already had troubles with the LX100 with 10 min). 30 min would be awesome, 20 min would be enough, 15 min still kind of a stretch.

13 minutes ago, Kisaha said:

Video camera, C70/XC style. ND/XLR, grip, battery life, unlimited recording, no overheating e.t.c

That sounds like a great camera. I'd buy one. I've been wanting something like it for a while.

HOWEVER... how is any of this going to make a camera SMALLER than the T3? Since this is a thread about the sure to be dinky X-S10, I naturally thought that's what you were talking about. A C70 equivalent X-series camera would surely be bigger than the X-T series. It'd have to be to get the feature you (and I) want. The C70 is a chunky monkey for hybrid style camera. Which is fine. I think some folks go waaaay overboard on camera size.  

20 minutes ago, EphraimP said:

That sounds like a great camera. I'd buy one. I've been wanting something like it for a while.

HOWEVER... how is any of this going to make a camera SMALLER than the T3? Since this is a thread about the sure to be dinky X-S10, I naturally thought that's what you were talking about. A C70 equivalent X-series camera would surely be bigger than the X-T series. It'd have to be to get the feature you (and I) want. The C70 is a chunky monkey for hybrid style camera. Which is fine. I think some folks go waaaay overboard on camera size.  

Ι am not searching for the smaller camera, I have the NX500 and NX3000(Samsung cameras!) that are very small for what I use them for. For pro work the NX1 has the best ergonomics ever in my opinion. The X-T bodies never were convinient for me. I believe we have plenty of good hybrids, the next market war will be in cheap-ish, and "good enough" small video cameras, Fuji HAS to compete in this and they certainly have NOTHING to loose, or a bigger and more expensive cinema series to protect.

If you put everything the X-T4 has, into a bigger body with all the "pro" features we need for video, it will be enough to cut sales from C70 and FS cameras, but we need reliable and non overheated bodies, unlimited video recording, with ND, XLR and other I/O (I am not sure if SDI is needed here, definitely some sort of TC) and a better grip with a big battery. A reliable video tool, a workhorse without any compromises in ergonomics and codecs (no, raw it is not a neccessity here!).

There is obviously a market here, dominated by Canon/Sony for very long, I believe Fuji can, and should undercut them in price and improve their ecosystem.

Obviously they are fighting with Panasonic for the top-bottom of the market (if that makes any sense!), and they both had 4% sales last year, Fuji with just a few bodies and Panasonic with a lot more and all over the place, with a couple of careful body releases and a few more specialized video lenses (even a specialized 16-70mm 4f PZ, one) can easily dominate the dedicated video camera low end market, which is quite big. 

We still searching for the new C100, the C70 can be it, but still a bit expensive, Canon seems to do all the right things lately, they even offer their own speedboosters (I would never expect that Canon even cares for such things, and suddenly they offer vND adapter, and speedboosters!), there is still a market at the 3 - 5000euros up for grabs, I believe Fuji can delived one even as little as 3.500euros, and then we are talking!