Need some help with wireless microphone system

aaa123jc

On 10/6/2020 at 5:57 PM, aaa123jc said:

So I'm going to shoot a short film and I need to invest in some wireless microphone to work with the shotgun microphone. I may use it in my future interview works as well. 

Here are some of the systems I'm considering right now:

Rode Wireless GO, Saramonic Blink500, Comica BoomX-D

I have not used any of them before. What are you guys' experiences with them? Any other recommendations? Any tips?

Thank you. 

Rode is better one.

• 3 weeks later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 10/6/2020 at 11:57 PM, aaa123jc said:

So I'm going to shoot a short film and I need to invest in some wireless lavalier microphone to work with the shotgun microphone. I may use it in my future interview works as well. 

Here are some of the systems I'm considering right now:

Rode Wireless GO, Saramonic Blink500, Comica BoomX-D

I have not used any of them before. What are you guys' experiences with them? Any other recommendations? Any tips?

Thank you. 

If you have picked these systems because you have a very tight budget, of these I'd recommend the Wireless Go II due to the in transmitter recording.

I may (🤫) have shot some broadcast interview content using just the Wireless Go II with COS11D lav plugged into it and my clients were very happy with the sound. The in transmitter recording is great although the Rode Central app for getting the recordings off the device is clunky and extremely limited. This system has is quirks though (non removable media or battery...always on recording) and is not as good as the other UHF systems mentioned above for range and reliability of signal.

If you know it's limitations and can work within these, For a no/low budget short film I think it will be ok as long as you are happy using the in transmitter recordings if signal drops to the receiver. 

If your budget does stretch to the Sony UWP's, go with that. 

The major massive downside of the Rode Go wireless is their lack of a locking connector, if it disconnects midshot then you've lost the shot. 
The 2nd major downside is their poor 2.4GHz performance (worse than could be possible, even for 2.4GHz).
The 3rd major downside is their internal batteries are not swappable, if it goes flat during a shoot, you're screwed.

12 hours ago, A_Urquhart said:

If your budget does stretch to the Sony UWP's, go with that. 

Yes, the Sony UPW-D21 are the best prosumer wireless money can buy for sub US$1K

• 2 weeks later...