• Full HD 120fps
  • vari-angle articulating screen
  • 3.69m-dot Quad-VGA OLED Tru-Finder
  • Dual SD memory card slots
  • USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C, micro-USB port,  3.5mm microphone input
  • Magnesium alloy chassis
  • NP-FZ100 battery

I would prefer this camera over A7S3 for couple of reasons:

- price (it should be in 2000-2500$ ballpark) 

- 30 mp sensor vs 12, which gives me better photo, better 4k and most importantly apc-s crop mode for video. 

- I dont really need 4k120 that much

- I dont need killer evf of A7S3, I rarely use it

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

27 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

They really shouldn't be in a rush. The A7iii is still selling well I'm told. 

They should, the A7III is a dinosaur. With all these camera options the A7III is lacking behind. And for write off's its kinda important to release the camera before the end of the year. 

5 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

They should, the A7III is a dinosaur. With all these camera options the A7III is lacking behind. And for write off's its kinda important to release the camera before the end of the year. 

It's still very popular. It can wait until spring, especially with the A7Siii and A7C cameras just coming out. 

1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

It's still very popular. It can wait until spring, especially with the A7Siii and A7C cameras just coming out. 

What matters is competition. Sony needs to convince ppl to switch to their system. Lots of cameras with 4k60 are already out and more are coming way before the next summer. Not many ppl would want to wait for another year. I personally dont want to wait a year and I would buy something else if Sony postpones this for a whole year. A73 was released more than 2 years ago. 

I agree. Sony is a system I could switch to but based on 2 factors; A74 and early Spring ‘21 latest.

As a wedding shooter whose season is April through October, I would need to skip a year to get on board with Sony.

And that would be if they didn’t cripple hammer it for my needs.

Same principal I have just applied to Fuji and that is they aren’t making the kit I need/want right now and no sign of an XH2 and I think it’s unlikely prior to next Spring by the sounds of it.

Meanwhile, AF aside, Panasonic have a viable option right now in the S5 that ticks 2/4 boxes and imminent Z6ii ticks the other 2/4 requirements. Providing Nikon don’t cock it up and that we will know in a week or so.

When it does come, I have no doubt that the A74 will probably if not almost certainly be the best all round mirrorless under 3k but my needs are also dictated by my working season.

If it has a full HDMI port and 10Bit 422, there will be great and possibly tempt me to buy it.

Sony has done a lot of great improvements on their cameras lately. The only reason I didn't go for the A7S3 is the lack of proper APS-C option. Most of my lens collection is not full frame.