The Panasonic DC-BGH1 camera soon to be announced

Trankilstef

9 hours ago, SteveV4D said:

Its also a misconception that anyone in filmmaking inspires to make a feature film.

Yes, but that wasn't the point I was making. 
It's a bit like laughing at an athlete because they didn't reach the olympics, that's a ridiculously high bar. 

A level of team work and production I can't even come close to replicating myself as a sole trader.

Yup!

The movie they were working on was 'Holmes and Watson'. I wonder how it did?? 🤔🤔🤔

Well so long as their investors made a profit, I'd call that a success. 
(although, doing a quick google suggests that was a bit iffy, perhaps not)

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
41 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Yes, but that wasn't the point I was making. 
It's a bit like laughing at an athlete because they didn't reach the olympics, that's a ridiculously high bar.

I'm laughing at the absurdity of some of the games, not the athletes themselves.  To use your same anology.  Hope you get it.

41 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Well so long as their investors made a profit, I'd call that a success. 
(although, doing a quick google suggests that was a bit iffy, perhaps not)

I disagree with that statement.  It makes art a slave to money.  Did Blade Runner make a lot of money.  I'd wager it is better remembered now than other movies that same year it came out that did make more more money.  Success in profit isn't all its cracked up to be.

I know where I stand as a sole trader and yes its not going to give as much or be as grand as a movie production or even all those big TV productions.  Who cares.  You maybe?  I don't.  I know what I am and what I can do and I am happy in that.  Theres another thread about limitations.  Well mine is the field I work in.  Thats my limitation and I'm proud of it.  😁😁😁

4 hours ago, SteveV4D said:

I'm laughing at the absurdity of some of the games, not the athletes themselves.  To use your same anology.  Hope you get it.

Sure, but there are also some people who absolutely love LOVE the sport of Triple Jump!
(even though it looks totally absurd to you)
Ditto trashy films. 

• 3 months later...

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I've been scouring the forums and can't seem to find much on the subject..

I was just wondering, does anyone know if there's any reason why the GH5S wouldn't be capable of receiving a firmware update for the tweaked v-log L that is now in the BGH1? I was just curious as I keep reading the BGH1 is essentially a rehoused GH5S so it seems like it could handle it, right?

1 hour ago, rhaltiner said:

Sorry to rehash an old thread, but I've been scouring the forums and can't seem to find much on the subject..

I was just wondering, does anyone know if there's any reason why the GH5S wouldn't be capable of receiving a firmware update for the tweaked v-log L that is now in the BGH1? I was just curious as I keep reading the BGH1 is essentially a rehoused GH5S so it seems like it could handle it, right?

The comments that I read was mostly about the sensor, but the rest of the camera may have different chipsets and other stuff going on under the hood so who knows.

I highly doubt you'll be able to get firmware from one and load it on the other - obviously things like buttons and UI are probably very different.

Like with anything else, we're at the mercy of however much capability the manufactures want to give us.