The Panasonic DC-BGH1 camera soon to be announced

Trankilstef

41 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

I'm not sure how popular this will end up being. 

Maybe more than most would think.

Maybe not to so many buyers but I see some buyers getting quite a few.

Six or so of these would be like buying a car to many businesses, just the right tool for the job for many.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Confusing? Please stop.

This introduction is actually remarkable...

I never discuss what some other people want. Don't neglect what you don't need.

Enthusiastic product tester here... who knows probably adopter? ; )

I am looking this product since a decade ago at least... 3x GH1, 4X G7... does this say something to you?

I don't know what all the negativity is about, this looks pretty good to me. Worse specs than a Z Cam E2, but you gain Panasonic Brand (brands aren't my thing but brands are worth real money), SDI, timecode without an annoying adapter, and you can use that XLR module if you want. Plus it takes SD cards instead of CFast. If Z Cam didn't exist I'd get this for sure.

36 minutes ago, Jermaine said:

every reviewer keeps saying you can use this with a drone but nobody ever mentions what drone works with it so can someone here list the type of drones that work with it please? are there any cheaper drone options for this cam?

There aren't really any cheaper options... The DJI Inspire 2 w/o gimbal and camera is $2600.

51 minutes ago, Jermaine said:

every reviewer keeps saying you can use this with a drone but nobody ever mentions what drone works with it so can someone here list the type of drones that work with it please? are there any cheaper drone options for this cam?

Actually I don't think you can use this with the Inspire 2, you're probably looking at one of the Matrice drones. Which are like $5600 without gimbal and camera. 

I don't think the BGH-1 is intended for the GH5 crowd.  This camera has multi-site corporate, and small market broadcast potential beyond anything else on the current market.  Z-cam had that potential as well, but the US computer chip embargo on China may cause problems for Z-cam.

On 10/14/2020 at 3:38 AM, Tim Sewell said:

1. Too expensive. It's around the same price as the GH5S, yet has no screen, no evf, no battery and - presumably - no strap or charger. So WTF, Panasonic - should be cheaper, if anything?

Yes the price difference is small currently, but the BGH1 is $500 cheaper with its release price than the release price originally of the GH5S. 

On 10/14/2020 at 3:38 AM, Tim Sewell said:

2. The reason we always get for the lack of internal NDs in hybrid cameras is a lack of space. No NDs in this - why? 

Yes, if you're removing the mechanical shutter than you should replace it with NDs!

On 10/14/2020 at 5:50 AM, noone said:

I am kind of bemused why they did not use the regular GH5 sensor instead in a modular camera though I guess this one is just better for the specs they wanted in it.

Or maybe they over purchased on GH5s sensors and this will get a few more sold than otherwise?

Because the GH5S sensor is "better" than the CH5 sensor. 

36 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Brilliant:

I'm warming to this camera.  I wish it had internal ND and even just a small screen.  Yet I can see it working in my selection of cameras and would mean my MFT lenses would still have some relevance in the future.  If price drops a bit next year, that would be a bonus. 😄