Sigma New Products Announcement 30/09/20 @ 14:00 CEST

BTM_Pix

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Or a 105m f2.8 ART mirrorless mount macro lens where Yamaki says the optical quality is fantastic but happily and freely admits to it having ropey AF speed and doesn't give a shit because its the accuracy and image that matters.

You can't say that Sigma don't dance to their own beat.

• Super Members
14 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

Everyone was hyped for a 70-200/2.8 to complete the DG DN trinity and all we got was an expensive macro. Sadhorns.

Chris

I was hoping it was going to be more compact FF 2.8 L mount primes like the 45mm but watching the whole presentation and the emphasis he gave on the quite dramatic rise in the sales figures of their ageing version during the COVID-19 crisis it seems like they've possibly bumped the macro up the release list to try and make some sort of hay while the sun is very much not shining on the rest of their business.

24-70 f2 that is smaller, lighter and that bit wider than Canon’s 28-70.

Actually, I’d be happy with something like a 25-50 f2 in L Mount as long as it didn’t have so much mass it had it’s own gravity to suck in small planets and other space debris.

Basically like a full frame version of the APSC 18-35mm f1.8.

I really like Panny’s 20-60...so far, but it’s a bit sloooow in low light being 5.6 at the long end.

The reality is probably not much that is ‘interesting’ but we can live in hope...

I dunno, I think that 105 macro might be a great lens.

More useful for L mount but no slouch for E either.

I have an old Canon EF 150 2.8 Sigma (non stabilized one) and it is still a wonderful lens used MF on Sony and this lens pretty much alone keeps me looking for a cheap Canon DSLR.

I have been looking for an affordable for me (IE cheap) AF portrait lens (2.8 or faster) between 85 and 135 for my A7s and the candidates have been various cheaper 85 1.8s and the Firin 100 2.8 macro.  (Sigma 105 1.4 down the track if I can afford one)

This Sigma has now joined the list as I expect it will be a useful general short tele as well as a fair macro.

I will still keep the 150 2.8 as it is just a really nice lens 

I also have an ancient Sigma 180 5.6 macro (only 1:2) but it is A mount and I can not use it but I like it as a lightweight slightly longer lens and would get on if I could find a cheap one in Canon EF.

I imagine this new Sigma macro will be better than either of my current two.

• Super Members
2 minutes ago, noone said:

I dunno, I think that 105 macro might be a great lens.

More useful for L mount but no slouch for E either.

I have an old Canon EF 150 2.8 Sigma (non stabilized one) and it is still a wonderful lens used MF on Sony and this lens pretty much alone keeps me looking for a cheap Canon DSLR.

I have the Nikon version and its a great performer, though I used it as a short tele rather than a macro.

Judging by the charts he was showing comparing them, this new one improves on it significantly. 

9 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Actually, I’d be happy with something like a 25-50 f2 in L Mount as long as it didn’t have so much mass it had it’s own gravity to suck in small planets and other space debris.

Bring it out for RF mount too. 

Plenty of C70 shooters would be happy to give up 20mm on the long end if they can go to 24mm on the wide end. (as 50mm tele is kinda doable for a general purpose S35 zoom, but 28mm max wide end is seriously pushing it!)