New forum Dark Theme

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members

Can't see notifications or PM stuff on top right in Android (in either scheme) but they are there on the desktop version.

Notification banners appear across the screen if you happen to be on the page when they happen or if you refresh the page.

I'm on a black and white, valve driven Samsung running a version of Android that is so old it was written in hieroglyphics so it may not affect more modern appliances ?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, BTM_Pix said:

Can't see notifications or PM stuff on top right in Android (in either scheme) but they are there on the desktop version.

Notification banners appear across the screen if you happen to be on the page when they happen or if you refresh the page.

I'm on a black and white, valve driven Samsung running a version of Android that is so old it was written in hieroglyphics so it may not affect more modern appliances ?

Yeah the main menu icon seems to have vanished on mobile browsers.

I'm in touch with the IP Board support people to find out why.

Sometimes it's as if they never test updates!

On 9/29/2020 at 12:55 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Much easier on the eye and photos / videos really pop now on the darker backdrop.

yes, also dimmer colored themes makes it easier to get yourself to bed in a timely mind rather than the bright lights fooling your brain into thinking it is daytime to be awake for! (although I already use f.lux)

On 9/29/2020 at 3:05 PM, Andrew Reid said:

Made text a bit lighter.

Thank you! Better contrast between text and background helps a lot of readability. 

On 9/30/2020 at 1:13 AM, Emanuel said:

BTW, how long we'll have for editing posts today?

Yes, I wish this stayed unlocked for a bit longer (a whole 24hrs would be good). Is nicer to just add something to a post a few minutes later rather than create a whole new post. 

Also I wish the posts would auto merge like they used to do! For instance I posted this comment almost instantly after my previous one yet rather than merging these two together, it had them be two separate posts. 

On 9/30/2020 at 1:53 AM, hyalinejim said:

I think for the forum that the text in each post should be the brightest element as it's the most important.

Yes!

On 9/30/2020 at 2:00 AM, androidlad said:

Can the background colour be a dark neutral gray instead of navy blue? It's still blue light and may be too much of a visual stimuli, defeating the purpose of a dark theme which is often used at night.

Agreed! Any color but blue please... 

• 2 weeks later...