New forum Dark Theme

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

Forum news. You can now switch between dark and light theme.

I prefer the dark one, especially on a bright modern high contrast IPS or OLED screen.

Much easier on the eye and photos / videos really pop now on the darker backdrop.

Enjoy!

(The button to switch between dark and light Theme is at the bottom of the page)

Screenshot-2020-09-29-at-02.56.54.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, newfoundmass said:

I can't figure out how to turn it off on my android phone... I usually like darker themes but the text is very hard to read for me... 

Yes. Difficult to probably toggle between the themes, on a phone.

Plus if the text font were white or much lighter than it currently is, it would be easier to read. I am.almost typing this blind. Please excuse the typos

Figured out how to go to the light version, thank you Andrew! 

I don't mind dark themes, they're what I use on my phone, just the font color was too dark for me even after the tweak. I don't have the best eye sight, so it might just be me. 

I think Twitter in dark mode does a pretty good job. It's like an off white that they use... Easily to read but not too bright. 

Thank you for constantly trying to make the forum experience better! 

Screenshot_20200928-234619_Twitter.jpg

I like the new theme, although the dark version is a little too dark for my eyes! One thing I've noticed, both with the old theme and the new one, is that on my device (iPhone XS in portrait) the posts listing is only covering around 3/4 of the viewport width horizontally. It'll be an error in the responsive media queries in the CSS - don't know if that's something that's worth having a look at - it's not a showstopper, but is slightly off.

• Administrators
2 hours ago, hyalinejim said:

I think dark mode needs more contrast, at least for mobile devices, as it's v difficult to make things out unless you're in a dark environment.

This is what a Reddit app looks like in dark mode. Everything is legible

Looks the same contrast to me (as Reddit)

Are you viewing the screen in bright sunlight?

It should show as dark blue post background and light grey text.