Ranking 'Digital Emulsion'

Matt James Smith ?

Ranking 'Digital Emulsion'  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Which manufacturer delivers the most pleasing images (focusing on sensor 'mojo', colour science, etc ... disregarding lens mount, usability, etc).

Poll: Which manufacturer generally delivers the most pleasing images - focusing on sensor 'mojo', colour science, etc ... disregarding lens mount, usability, etc.

Choose as many as you want.

If I haven't listed a manufacturer you'd like to see, mention it in the comments.

Might do a poll on specific models if this one is popular. Suggestions of favourite models welcomed (in the comments).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well, I'd qualify the poll and say that the best IQ value for the $$ in my experience is the LUMIX GX7.  I don't know what was going on there, but the images off that damn sensor looked awesome.

I suppose anyone that grabbed a BM pocket back in the day for $500 would be able to dispute the $$-to-IQ-value claim, but out of all the cameras I've owned the GX7 always looked wonderful to me.

The more I pull colour science apart, the more I realise that companies like BM and Nikon have colour science either just as good as Canon or within a tiny fraction, and also that ARRI colour science isn't perfect and there are things about it I don't care for.

I know that this will get me ejected from the 'colour science bro club' but I don't care about being popular and fitting in, I care about colour science and good images.

On 9/28/2020 at 12:03 PM, kye said:

The more I pull colour science apart, the more I realise that companies like BM and Nikon have colour science either just as good as Canon or within a tiny fraction, and also that ARRI colour science isn't perfect and there are things about it I don't care for.

I know that this will get me ejected from the 'colour science bro club' but I don't care about being popular and fitting in, I care about colour science and good images.

There's a club ?   well thats embarrassing, i didn't get the memo 🤔

Use what you got is my mantra, apart from that, I like the images i get from my canon and there's nothing wrong with my p4k either. ( in my own personal opinion ) With my newbish appreciation of colour science and or colour grading, i doubt i would mix and match the two however lol.  I do have drone i intend to throw into the mix shortly. No doubt thats going to be an interesting exercise, not the flying so much as the matching the drone footage to the p4k. seen some stuff online that i would like to emulate. Besides that, i would like to thank you guys for... humoring me and the advice given over the course of time. cheers 😀

1 hour ago, leslie said:

There's a club ?   well thats embarrassing, i didn't get the memo 🤔

Use what you got is my mantra, apart from that, I like the images i get from my canon and there's nothing wrong with my p4k either. ( in my own personal opinion ) With my newbish appreciation of colour science and or colour grading, i doubt i would mix and match the two however lol.  I do have drone i intend to throw into the mix shortly. No doubt thats going to be an interesting exercise, not the flying so much as the matching the drone footage to the p4k. seen some stuff online that i would like to emulate. Besides that, i would like to thank you guys for... humoring me and the advice given over the course of time. cheers 😀

This video might be of interest in matching colour between different cameras.

He doesn't get a perfect match by any means, but it's probably 'good enough' for many, and probably more importantly is a simple non-technical approach using only the basic tools.

your bloods worth bottling kye, i was going to google it a little closer to the event or xmas which ever happens first. Still waiting on a couple of items and corona has item delivery all over the place. better not disrupt the topic much more, i'll make a new thread about it shortly.