Iscorama Pre-36 first hands on with differents taking lenses (Sony A7RII)

Sebastien Farges

I'm a lucky owner of an Iscorama Pre-36 since May 2020. I had a few opportunity to film some clips this summer, here they are.
After having the experience with Bolex Moller 16/32, babies Hypergonar and Isco, SLR Magics, I think this Iscorama Pre 36 is a total gem. It's small and light, sharp and single focus. It's only default is its 2 meters minimum distance focusing. I'm so in love with it 🙂

You will see different taking lenses (mentioned during the movie) here such as :
Helios 44-2 58mm f2
Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8
Pentax-M 40mm f2.8
Pentax-DA 70mm f2.4
Pentax-M 135mm f3.5

Everything was most of the time shot wide open.
I'm surprised how the Iscorama performed well with tele lens such as the 135mm from Pentax.
The Pentax-DA, which is an APS-C lens, is working on FF, even with the Iscorama. It's maybe one of the smallest and lightest 70mm ever made (131 grams for 26mm long).
The pancake Pentax-M 40mm f2.8 gave slight vignetting.
The Super-Takumar 55mm f1.8 is working very well.
And of course the Helios 44-2 58mm f2 is pairing very well with the Iscorama, for who who like vintage and organic look. It's design is also great, it's deep front is perfect for the Iscorama protubing back (with the add of one 49mm spacer made from a filter).

Shot on Sony A7RII 4K 24p, full frame mode.
Diopters : Tamron 0.5x and Pentax 6X7 close-up achromatic (1X ?)
Fotodiox Pro Vizelex variable ND Throttle EF mount
Musics : Andrea Laszlo De Simone "Immensita" and "Mistero" 

Thanks to Hayley, Olive & Delphine, Izy & Elliot, Liliane, Florent and their family, Lucas Gautier and the Havana Moons, Tchi-Kung, the seller of the Iscorama and the people of bordeaux.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs