Shooting in London on the 5D Mark III with Iscorama 36 1.5x anamorphic

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
[quote author=fugue_state1 link=topic=545.msg3848#msg3848 date=1334262673]
Great footage!  I bought your Anamorphic Shooter's guide and found it very helpful.  I've been using a Iscorama Cinegon with some Super-Takumar primes.  These produce very nice images, but the Takumars aren't really sturdy enough to support the Iscorama.  I've also been trying some EF Canon primes, (50mm and 85mm) which are much sturdier, but lack the charm of the Takumars.  Do you recommend the Nikkors are a superior taking lens on both build and optical quality (with the anamorphic)?  Are there any other options? 

Thanks!
[/quote]

I, too, am wondering the same thing.  I got a Sankor 16F and a Canon EF 50mm.  Are the Nikkors any good in ginving good focal points or does one need a good diaptor?  I been contemplating on either the Nikon E series or the Helios M42 lenses.  Some suggestions?

• Administrators
[quote author=ZigFilm link=topic=545.msg3659#msg3659 date=1334082713]
Hey Andrew,

I just bought your anamorphic e-book guide.  What a treat!  I had no idea the possibilities these lenses could provide.  I actually own the Panasonic LA7200 from my DVX100 days.  Is the only diopter that works still the Foton +1?  Looks like that will be a challenge to find.  Also, did you ever find a way to mount in securely?  I think I'll still keep an eye out for a Iscorama 36, though. 

Thanks!
Erick
[/quote]

One person I saw had found a way to secure it with a single bolt through the bracket on the Foton to clamp it to the LA7200, but the details are scant - I've just seen photos.

I've also heard the Cokin P stuff fits the LA7200 pretty well.

I gave up on diopters and the LA7200 because I have 2 Iscoramas which I use more often. I might revisit it soon!