R5 media thread: SD, CFexpress, SSD alternative

Emanuel

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Whi

3 hours ago, ntblowz said:

With fan on you can record continously in 8k without overheating warning

Screenshot_20200922-103525_Chrome.jpg

In this environment with a fan on it recording internally to a CFexpress card did it overheat and stop recording? Thanks for sharing info about this! Also, can you record to this external drive and have the backup 4k HQ record to the internal sd card without overheating with this fan?

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2020 at 8:49 PM, ntblowz said:

I got angelbird 512gb cfexpress

What’s your experience with the performance with the Angelbird CFExpress cards. So many reviews of the latest batch of CFExpress cards are so mixed.

Part of the problem is these manufactures mix and match performance tiers with storage tiers in the same branded line of cards! Drives me nuts! The 128GB Sandisk has a min. Write speed of 1200MB/s but the same card in 256GB is only 700MB/s Min. Write but then the 512GB is the same as the 128GB...

They all seem to do it from Sandisk to ProGrade.

Currently Angelbird has really good price/GB right now in the CFExpress space with solid specs for up to 8K RAW but you can find reviews that are less than glowing.

7 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

What’s your experience with the performance with the Angelbird CFExpress cards. So many reviews of the latest batch of CFExpress cards are so mixed.

Currently Angelbird has really good price/GB right now in the CFExpress space with solid specs for up to 8K RAW but you can find reviews that are less than glowing.

Less glowing because of slower start up time vs other brand, but it is also the coolest cfexpress card there in terms of temperature.  So far I don't have problems with it on set I've been to.

• 3 months later...