Canon EOS R5 8k Time Reduced w/1.1.1

uzun

Has anyone else noticed that the displayed available recording time in all the 8K modes has been reduced from 20 mins max to 15 mins max with the new firmware?  It may just be a display issue, but when I power up the camera after it has been off all night and look at the available recording time in any of the 8k modes, before I shoot any video or photos, it shows me 15 mins rather than the 20 mins it used to show when you power it  up fresh.

Not sure if the recording time is actually reduced or not, but it is disconcerting.  I doubt it would just be my camera.  It has to be affecting others.

No other resolutions have changed, 4k/120 shows approx 7 1/2 mins as always, 4k/60 shows approx 30 mins as always, only 8k modes now show 15 instead of 20 mins.

-Roger Uzun

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Yeah, sad to see, but use the mod, seems that's the only alternative we have...

A bunch of greedy retards these people from there are. I am also done with them. They deserve our disdain no matter what. I love their tools but when I talk to them I am used to tell them what I think of their supply for good and bad. I suggest everyone to do the same : ) When we give them our hard earned money, we're entitled to demand service from their side. A piece of crap is what their policies are. And their fanboys can go to the hell.

- E.

Every year you own the R5 the recording time reduces by 5 mins until 0 minutes is displayed when you turn it on. This is to protect canon profit margins...er I mean the toshiba power converter thingys wear out because of battery quantum fluxes. Or so I’m told. It protects the camera blowing up in your face and causing blindness. 

2 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

Every year you own the R5 the recording time reduces by 5 mins until 0 minutes is displayed when you turn it on. [...] It protects the camera blowing up in your face and causing blindness.

Never forget those nasty "low temperature burns" (Katsuyuki Nagai-san, Product Management Director of Image Communication Business at Canon Europe 2020-0911) just above skin temperature at 42C.

In other news, Canon may be preparing to announce joining the 5G Wireless Organ Overheating Warning Alliance WOOWA.