DJI RONIN S2 - Possible October 2020 Release

herein2020

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
49 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

When will they launch their mirrorless camera?

They own Hasselblad so I suppose it is not beyond belief that they are still working on one. Personally I think they should stick to drones and drone cameras; I'm still waiting for a DJI Phantom 5, but from what I hear they have their own internal problems that may be delaying or cancelling products and launches.

I'm also still waiting for the perfect gimbal...one that can go from a one handed operation for smaller rigs all the way up to a ring configuration for heavier rigs.

• Super Members
6 hours ago, herein2020 said:

They own Hasselblad so I suppose it is not beyond belief that they are still working on one. Personally I think they should stick to drones and drone cameras

DJI have actually produced a Hasselblad H6D-100 based drone.

Its not particularly backpack friendly though.

Or wallet friendly for that matter.

hassdrone.thumb.jpg.a585d5ea289ed7031e71193b875b5e5b.jpg

17 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

$43K USD....and here I thought the Inspire 2 was expensive. It still doesn't look that integrated to me, they just took two existing products and did the work needed to make them talk together. A truly integrated solution is the Inspire, Phantom, and Mavic lines. I used to own an Inspire but it was overkill for the work I do, the huge case, poor battery life, poor wind performance (no one mentions that an Inspire flying in a cross wind is less stable than a P4 in the same crosswind), and setup time weren't worth the increase in image quality that none of my clients were willing to pay for.

• Super Members
53 minutes ago, herein2020 said:

It still doesn't look that integrated to me, they just took two existing products and did the work needed to make them talk together. A truly integrated solution is the Inspire, Phantom, and Mavic lines.

To be fair, the camera unit is based on the H6D but is actually a separate product called the A6D with dedicated power, control ports and mounting points to attach to the M600 and has been built specifically for it.

In that respect I wouldn't consider it to be particularly less integrated than having a ribbon cable between the camera module and the rest of the unit on a Phantom etc.

Which doesn't make up for it being stupidly expensive of course 😉 

Its actually a drawback it being a different unit than the H6D because at least then you could detach it and use it as a standalone camera whereas with this....well...you'd have to have some sort of cobbled together controller made for it. 

I'd be curious to know how many of these they've actually ever sold.

196773864_ScreenShot2020-09-10at14_04_14.png.98259f409ce2019960cf2f1fbe0fb238.png

19 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

Ouch. If one of these crashes to the ground, at least one people will be dead.

(owner of the insurance company, by heart attack)

36 minutes ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

Ouch. If one of these crashes to the ground, at least one people will be dead.

(owner of the insurance company, by heart attack)

Not this model but similar size almost happened..... that was the last time a drone that size was use in Alpine Ski World Cup if I'm not mistaken..... 

• Super Members
1 hour ago, gt3rs said:

Not this model but similar size almost happened..... that was the last time a drone that size was use in Alpine Ski World Cup if I'm not mistaken..... 

Not sure for the Alpine events but I covered the FIS World Freestyle Ski & Snowboard championships a couple of years after that and DJI invited us for one of the sessions to shoot from where they were flying their drones and have a look at what they were up to.

I'm not sure whether they thought as stills shooters we'd be interested in buying them to get new angles but, having been witness and participant to some almighty confrontations at sports events competing for shots, the notion of fifty of us flying drones and taking those battles airborne doesn't bear thinking about !

Anyway, they were stressing about how they had used mapping to ensure they had safe flight corridors to operate in so maybe that was a new stipulation for them to be able to continue, but some of this footage does look like it was from directly overhead, although I do recall some of it being shot during practice.