Tokina 14-20mm f/2.0?

Emanuel

• 1 month later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/9/2020 at 5:42 AM, Emanuel said:

Any idea if properly covers full frame for 16:9 video use? If so, what from focal length? What about if for 2.35:1 (aka 2.39:1) crop?

Definitely does not cover Full Frame video. the 11-20 is a much better lens and covers on the long end.

Edit: My mistake, thought this was referring to the 12 - 24 F4. I don't have experience with the 14 - 20 F2. The 11-20 covers Full Frame video from 14-20mm

• 1 year later...

I don't have an exact answer to the question but at this point I don't think I'm derailing the original conversation. 🙂 

I just started using a Tokina 14-20 f/2.0 with a 0.64x speedbooster on my Blackmagic Pocket 4k, and at 16:9 it covers the whole sensor at all focal lengths. In Cinema 4k there's a tiny bit of vignetting at 14mm, and no vignetting that I can notice from 15mm. On my GH5 the image stabilization is visible at 14mm in C4k, no noticeable vignetting in 16:9.

I don't have a full-frame digital camera but just out of interest I tried the lens with an old film camera. I haven't developed the film (and in fact may have misplaced the roll), but looking through the viewfinder there seems to be no vignetting at all at 20mm, and I'd wager a guess that a 16:9 crop would be clean at 16mm or so.

I'm generally pretty impressed with this lens, and am a bit surprised that so few people seem to be using it.