The "Useless" Moller 32/2. Useless no more Mod

Henchman

I recently bought a Moller 32/2, with some front lens issues for cheap. 

I started looking for a donor front, and found one of the "Useless" telecine versions in immaculate shape.

The lens arrived, and I swapped out the front. Except the lense didn't line up properly from one barrel to the next. So I tried loosening the ring, to adjust the lense. I could not get it to budge. So I thought, great. Waste of money. I started to compare the lenses, and noticed that the only difference between the 2 was that the telecine version had the rear lense closer to the front lense.

I took it apart, removed the focusing guides, and started shifting the front lens forward, and suddenly it focused.

I had to modify the focusing guides. allowing for only one screw to be used to fasten it. But now it's razor sharp, and with a Single focus adapter, it can focus up to 16 inches.

The easiest thing would be to loosen the back retaining ring, remove the lense. Slip in some kind of spacer to get the rear lense all the way to the rear, nd scerw the retainer ring in.

Either way, that "Useless" version of Moller 32/2, is now completely useful.

20200901_171905.jpg

20200901_173112.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 9/2/2020 at 3:15 AM, Henchman said:

But now it's razor sharp, and with a Single focus adapter, it can focus up to 16 inches.

which single focus adapter allows you to get close to 16 inches.? so If I am understanding it  right now the telecine moller version  goes from 16 inches to infinity? Thanks

On 9/2/2020 at 3:15 AM, Henchman said:

I took it apart, removed the focusing guides, and started shifting the front lens forward, and suddenly it focused.

are you talking about the telecine version? Thanks 

Yea, I'm talking about the telecine version withnthe recessed back lense. 

If you can get the rear set ring off, you can move the lens back. I was unable to do it. I think they used red loctite instead of blue. I've been able to heat blueloctite with a blow drier hot enough to loosen it up. I wasn't willing to risk heating the rear up enough to loosen the red loctit, and crack the lens.

11 hours ago, Henchman said:

Yes. If you have a single focus solution, then it will go from minimum to maximum.
I'll post some footage later, using it zooming from close range to infinity.

yeah sorry, I was a bit confused about the whole story and I wanted to be sure I understood well, thanks