Fuji GFX100 Review – the ‘mini Alexa 65’ goes to a Formula One test session

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators

Yes. I think he had a Blackmagic pocket camera and AF module with him 😜

41 minutes ago, sanveer said:

what profile did you shoot it in? The lens has an interesting character. I am guess, all this was internal?

An odd mix of F-LOG, Eterna, HLG and Film Simulations (Chrome). If you're wondering why grade is all over the place that's why

😀

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:
3 hours ago, sanveer said:

what profile did you shoot it in? The lens has an interesting character. I am guess, all this was internal?

An odd mix of F-LOG, Eterna, HLG and Film Simulations (Chrome). If you're wondering why grade is all over the place that's why

😀

If you have a Ninja V, you could try the new 12-bit raw (and the new 10-bit 422 profiles) on your GFX100.

This camera has been created to make dreams, still dreams... Andrew as usual you are the best (period). Can make a coverage on the BW of that camera? I am wondering that because I found a photographer on Flickr with a 50s and really... it is simply out of any imagination.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145377670@N05/

This is a crop from one of his photo: 

Provincetown, MA

image.thumb.png.eaad38ee13330b8eda5d8761fc10dceb.png

15 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

"The Eton Rifles" by The Jam.

Genuine question. - did you get clearance to use the music, and if so, what’s the process/cost etc? I ask because I want to use a commercially released track (albeit a considerably less famous one) for my first montage shot on my FS5 (another ridiculous bargain I happened upon on the Bay) and I don’t want it taken down for infringement.

• Super Members
1 hour ago, Tim Sewell said:

Genuine question. - did you get clearance to use the music, and if so, what’s the process/cost etc? I ask because I want to use a commercially released track (albeit a considerably less famous one) for my first montage shot on my FS5 (another ridiculous bargain I happened upon on the Bay) and I don’t want it taken down for infringement.

You'd have to ask Andrew as I only supplied a lens and some swearing to that video.

Licensing is a real minefield, more often than not with different rights holders for the actual music and the particular recorded version of it you want to use and different rates depending on use type.

YouTube do have some options to keep you legal and avoid takedowns on their platform so a guide like this is a good starting point.

https://www.lifewire.com/legally-add-copyrighted-music-youtube-1616424

This is really oddly muted and low contrast compared to your past videos (this is still my favourite). Some of it even looks like straight FLOG? It's a poor video to showcase what you regard as an amazing camera. The lens character doesn't really show at all. Also the aliasing I find very distracting. This is a no-buy for me! Not that I'd lug around such a big camera for casual, unpaid work. 

Still no words on the hasselblad to fuji speedbooster. Keeping the impressive secret to himself. 

I don't get why this isn't the big thing right now.

Since I have my medium format camera CCD back any picture I take looks impressive, it's the definitive magic bullet.

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Nikkor said:

Still no words on the hasselblad to fuji speedbooster. Keeping the impressive secret to himself. 

I don't get why this isn't the big thing right now.

Coming up. Had to get some lenses sorted. Cost me an arm and a leg.

Also had to work on the X-T4 review in the meantime, which took approximately 80,000 hours. Better be worth it. Sure I won't get a load of negative comments on it afterwards or anything.

Love your footage! 😄

This is my dream sensor size, I just got an s1 earlier this month and through many tests have concluded that its absolutely stunning! 

I was debating grabbing the medium format focal reducer for the s1 and just shooting in 16:9 to achieve that look. But honestly, I think the s1's full frame image has enough of the characteristics I like in larger sensors to tickle my fancy for now. 

Maybe in a few years when medium format cameras are more accessible I'll take the plunge. But as a rental for a project, this camera is looking very tempting. 

I say the bigger the sensor the better, so seeing cameras like this come out is kind of a dream come true. 😄

its also really cool to know some full frame lenses work!