Canon Cinema EOS C70 - Ah that explains it then!

Andrew Reid

1 hour ago, Video Hummus said:

It’s all but confirmed to be C200 sensor so no crippled FF sensor or anything.

You mean the C300 II sensor, right? It's Dual Gain like the C300, and as one of the posts above shows, it blows the C200 out of the water in terms of dynamic range/underexposure recovery.

20 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

People think there will be a C50??? What will that be, a C200 without raw?

Pretty much. Rumor is that it will have the C70 form factor and no raw. If it has 10 bit 422 codecs, that will be more attractive than raw plus 8 bit for a lot of people.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
14 hours ago, independent said:

This comes in half the price of comparable cinema cams with more features. Full frame (w/ adapter), DPAF, auto ISO, dual gain sensor, tiny size and associated grip package, cheaper media and associated storage/editing costs

It also knocks off all the hybrid cams: Internal NDs, full featured audio (xls for real shotgun mics, physical controls buttons), all the monitoring tools, no overheating, handle + mic adapter for no bullshit cage....

The only thing missing is IBIS, which is quite frankly overstated compared to regular optical stabilization. 

Also lacks SDI, which is a key feature for professional A Cams. 

But Canon has to do their market segmentation somehow!

And the C70 is otherwise a camera with surprisingly few compromises. 

3 hours ago, Mmmbeats said:

The string rumour has been C200 sensor and 8-bit only for the C50. 

Honestly that would be atrocious. The C200's 8bit is pretty bad by modern standards. I always thought it was weaker than the 8bit codec in the A7 series of cameras, both in terms of grading flexibility, noise and detail.

I pretty much only shoot RAW nowadays on the C200. The C70 looks really interesting but not at its current price point.

Oh my! I have to sell most things and buy this. It is just perfect for me.

GH5 replacement?! get serious guys...this is a different fruit. Only the GH6 will be a GH5 replacement..

C200?!! I was laughing at that camera back in the day, one of the most useless releases of all time, that camera was crazy expensive in some parts of Europe back then, just for the 4K 8bit the C100mkII didn't have and the raw lite a few used (not one I know ever bothered to buy cards for raw). C200 costs 6200euros currently in my market.

Does anyone know if this can possible fit a Ronin S, or I have to sell that as well (not even used once..).

7 hours ago, IronFilm said:

Also lacks SDI, which is a key feature for professional A Cams. 

But Canon has to do their market segmentation somehow!

And the C70 is otherwise a camera with surprisingly few compromises. 

I think this camera is more aimed at solo shooter doing paid gigs like weddings, event shooting, small business commercial stuff, YouTube.

You timecode jam two of these at a wedding and shoot to your hearts content. If it took stills it would be my all in one. But lets see what they do with the IDX RF camera. Very likely could be a FF C70.

Finally, after a couple of global financial crises, a pandemic, 10 seasons of Walking Dead and just 4-5 years before the first crewed mission to Mars we have a proper EOS camera with nice ergonomics that doesn’t cost a fortune. Actually it does if you buy a couple of RF lens but their new EF adapter coupled with a used 24-70 2.8 solves this as well. Netflix Certified? Why not?

13 minutes ago, Dimitris Stasinos said:

Finally, after a couple of global financial crises, a pandemic, 10 seasons of Walking Dead and just 4-5 years before the first crewed mission to Mars we have a proper EOS camera with nice ergonomics that doesn’t cost a fortune. Actually it does if you buy a couple of RF lens but their new EF adapter coupled with a used 24-70 2.8 solves this as well. Netflix Certified? Why not?

Surely this means the ends times are near.

22 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

The C70 is going to be my next camera on 2021, has everything I need, even I like the size of it, just one question to the community, which external EVF do you think is the best option for the C70?

New Z-Cam EVF looks a potential decent match...

https://www.newsshooter.com/2020/08/29/z-cam-evf-electronic-viewfinder/

Z-Cam-EVF-740x416.jpeg

$799

5 minutes ago, ade towell said:

except an evf...

That z-cam looks good but is still a big lump - suddenly you've got hdmi lead, power to think of (and another lead). This little camera is going to become very unwieldly quickly. 

to be honest it is not a big deal, I use the EVF for some shooting but not all the time, I will certainly add an external EVF when is needed, but I got everything that I can not find in other cameras, like perfect DPAF and great skin tones, that's the most important I need, the price is not ideal but affordable, I hope early next year I will be in NY to get one. 

I purchased, not too long ago, one of Zacutto's legacy EVF's (the Flip version).   They are discontinued, but I found a brand-new one in a store.  Affordable, very well-featured (False Colour, Peaking, etc.), but only 800×480 resolution (from 1080 max input).  It's functional, and I can monitor focus and apply an additional point of contact with it, which are the primary requirements I have of an EVF.   

I got the EVF  brand new (clearance discounted) for 369 Pounds ( 480 US $), and the Z-finder Grade A ex-demo, with an additional mounting plate for 246 Pounds (321 $).

product_detailed_image_30997_1118.jpg
There's even a (quite old!) review on this site:
https://www.eoshd.com/review/zacuto-evf-flip-review/

4 hours ago, Kisaha said:

Oh my! I have to sell most things and buy this. It is just perfect for me.

GH5 replacement?! get serious guys...this is a different fruit. Only the GH6 will be a GH5 replacement..

C200?!! I was laughing at that camera back in the day, one of the most useless releases of all time, that camera was crazy expensive in some parts of Europe back then, just for the 4K 8bit the C100mkII didn't have and the raw lite a few used (not one I know ever bothered to buy cards for raw). C200 costs 6200euros currently in my market.

Does anyone know if this can possible fit a Ronin S, or I have to sell that as well (not even used once..).

Lol wut?

RAWLite is a really lovely codec to shoot with and the quality far surpassed almost every camera below that price range when it was released, and still holds up now. I think the biggest downside of the C200 RAWlite is it's subpar noise performance at higher ISOs. The 8bit codec is bad, but if you really bought the camera for an 8bit codec you probably didn't do your research.