Canon Cinema EOS C70 - Ah that explains it then!

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

Such a shame they won't put the full frame 8K tech of the EOS R5 in it and let it off the leash.

I really don't get it why they are not putting the R5 internals in that body with CLog3, RAW light, fan cooled, it would have been almost perfect.... 

Or offer two models one with R5 internals  and one with the C300 III internals 

10 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

I really don't get it why they are not putting the R5 internals in that body with CLog3, RAW light, fan cooled, it would have been almost perfect.... 

They're Canon.. 😕😕  You need to spend over 10k for almost perfect.

1 hour ago, SteveV4D said:

They're Canon.. 😕😕  You need to spend over 10k for almost perfect.

No, I need not, we need not. This is exactly the moral of the story, for me at least.

Market economy is the best democracy, I decide who I support with my money. I can not support companies, which tries to sell their products with misleading information and incorrect promises.

I wanted to upgrade this year but don't know how this pandemic continues. I am affraid, I don1t need new equipment for jobs and I couldn1t really pay it either. Even if everything was OK with the R5, I would think twice about spending 4000+ for the body and the same on lense, as I don't need 8K at all. Sony has some good cameras and all the lenses for them, what Nikon unfortunately is missing, Panasonic's new little model looks promising, Fuji might surprise us with the X-H2....

I have just seen Matt Granger selling all his old gear but not buying anything, just awating which systems offers most when we can really word again.

1 hour ago, HansD said:

Canon's development department has shown what is possible in a small body. Now the marketing department is intervening. They will spread the technique over various models. Any model with a little more options. C70, C170, C270 etc ???

It wouldn't take much to have a raw internal version of the C70, just make it the new C100. Then they can do higher priced FF versions of the R5/6, just go with C5/C6. You can have lower priced models without raw and high frame rates and higher priced tiers with everything. 

I'll still wait for the R5 to be fully functional though.

Chris

2 hours ago, k-robert said:

I have just seen Matt Granger selling all his old gear but not buying anything, just awating which systems offers most when we can really word again.

Like Matt, but the skeptical in me is tingling saying that the choice was already probably made... (my guess: Canon).

And the Camera Conspiracies's guy cameo in the video is fucking HILARIOUS. 🙂

Of course it is clickbait. As I said, I suspect that the "future brand" was already chosen.

And I understand the concerns for the general public being fooled. From my part, I just see videos from a lot of people, much of those not exactly trustworthy (but never see Toneh or Polin, they are just annoying), because sometimes in the reviews they show some point that others did not cover (even found one time or another useful info coming from the master of bullshit, Mr. Ken Rockwell).

Buying decision making should NEVER be done with one opinion, and specially without knowing the faults of the desired product - because ALWAYS have more than one problem.

(that's why I never bought anything on pre-order, or even in the first months - wait for the weaknesses and the inevitable price drop after some months) 

• 3 weeks later...

If this rumour is true we'll see a bunch more adapters. I'm guessing these are sturdier versions aimed at video use compared to the existing $99 version?

I'd personally take the 4K DGO sensor over the transplanted R5 sensor in this... but then I do have a S35 CNE-18-80 gathering dust. That combo would be a pretty good no nonsense 'shot-getter' for corporate work.

You could then chuck the PL mount on for more cinematic projects..

If you really want FF then put the speedbooster on.

Having something that flexible would be great. For me the days of owning 4 different cameras (each with their own media, lens adapters and batteries) is done. I just want to streamline everything.

Yea just saw this as well. Pretty tempting over something like the S1H, which I have and love, because of the AF, internal NDs, and 120fps in 4k. And that C300 III sensor is sweet (though, so is the S1Hs). But, knowing Canon, this thing won't have timecode, which has been huge for me with the S1H and hard to not have once you've had it. Plus having full-frame and IBIS is excellent. 

Hoping Panasonic updates the S1H with 120fps in 4k. Seems like they have to to compete in the new R5, A7sIII, and C70 market - unless they're aiming to put out a S2H soon (which would be sort of crazy soon) or an EVA-2 which will be closer to the C70 in size, price, and market.

12 minutes ago, currensheldon said:

Hoping Panasonic updates the S1H with 120fps in 4k. Seems like they have to to compete in the new R5, A7sIII, and C70 market - unless they're aiming to put out a S2H soon (which would be sort of crazy soon) or an EVA-2 which will be closer to the C70 in size, price, and market.

I m definitely keen on EVA-2 with L mount and similar size as those RF cinema cam. If they can push the 24MP more i be really keen too as I think it is the sweet spot.

39 minutes ago, ntblowz said:

More clear picture from CR, so just this vs Komodo price wise, for the spec this does look more tempting with 4k120 2k180, will it have pdaf 2 like r5?

Wonder if the grip can be taken off or not?

eosc70.jpg

I like the size. I wonder if the C50 will be even smaller...still wish this thing was FF and with R5 internals with out the cripple clock BS.