Best LCD feed for extreme low light shooting?

wallpaperviking

Hi,
     I have a stills project where I am shooting in extreme low light and I intend to hook the camera up to an external monitor, due to the awkward positioning of it.   Was just wondering what camera you guys would suggest for getting the best image on the rear LCD (which then feeds to the external monitor). 

I currently have a Fuji GFX 50S and this struggles a little bit for this purpose.  Even when I crank the ISO or the shutter speed to get an image, it is sort of flickery and extremely hard to manual focus.

I have heard the Sony A7S series lets people see more than they can with the naked eye.  Would this be the way to go? 

It is only 12 mpx which might be an issue, is there something that gives similar results but in a higher mpx count?

It is mainly about focusing and viewing, obviously I can use a slower shutter speed when actually capturing the image.

Thanks so much in advance, look forward to hearing any suggestions.. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

As long as there is SOME light, yes, with an A7s I can see what i would not be able to with just my eye.

Even a tiny LED on a kitchen appliance can be enough to shoot by.

Some of the more recent mirrorless FF cameras should let you do similar and maybe even better regards the EVF.

I do not think there are any cameras BETTER than the A7s at really high ISOs.

Maybe one of the FF Panasonics would give you almost the same at the highest ISOs and be better at more normal but still high ISOs and give you more pixels to play with.

I have never had any issue with 12mp on my A7s for photography.

Only if you think you might need to crop or print really large (and if printing large, you could use upsizing software).

18 hours ago, noone said:

As long as there is SOME light, yes, with an A7s I can see what i would not be able to with just my eye.

Even a tiny LED on a kitchen appliance can be enough to shoot by.

Some of the more recent mirrorless FF cameras should let you do similar and maybe even better regards the EVF.

I do not think there are any cameras BETTER than the A7s at really high ISOs.

Maybe one of the FF Panasonics would give you almost the same at the highest ISOs and be better at more normal but still high ISOs and give you more pixels to play with.

I have never had any issue with 12mp on my A7s for photography.

Only if you think you might need to crop or print really large (and if printing large, you could use upsizing software).

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!  When Melbourne gets out of lockdown, I will look at renting a A7S and see how much better the results are... :)