Development Update - AFX Focus Module For PBC

BTM_Pix

• Super Members
9 hours ago, A_Urquhart said:

i really wanted to pre order but am waiting for better videos of the unit in use. The demo videos going from one bottle to the next were not very good real word scenarios IMO.  
I’d like to see how smoothly the AFC tracks a person moving away and toward the camera when paired with Tilta motors and a cine lens. Also, throw in a change of direction in there. 

COVID safe motor control examples using a Meike 25mm mini cine prime on a Sony A6500 with Nucleus Nano motor.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
12 hours ago, A_Urquhart said:

i really wanted to pre order but am waiting for better videos of the unit in use. The demo videos going from one bottle to the next were not very good real word scenarios IMO.  
I’d like to see how smoothly the AFC tracks a person moving away and toward the camera when paired with Tilta motors and a cine lens. Also, throw in a change of direction in there. 

Someone posted their own video example. And it's very smooth. 

AFX Update #17

Excessive Noise Problem

The battery chamber is slightly oversized to allow air circulation but also to take into account and make allowance for any potential expansion of the battery over time.

Because of this, it is not unexpected to hear it move slightly in the chamber if the AFX is tilted over but this will not impact its performance in normal operation when mounted on the camera...

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/afx-autofocus-adapter/x/9642202#/updates/all

It's smart to leave room for the battery to expand overtime...

On 4/23/2021 at 6:01 AM, BTM_Pix said:

COVID safe motor control examples using a Meike 25mm mini cine prime on a Sony A6500 with Nucleus Nano motor.

Thanks for this, the performance looks very good. 
Does the unit have to be mounted at the sensor plane or is there an option to specify an offset in the menu?

Also, can I toggle between manual focus and autofocus from a button on the Nucleus N or Nucleus M hand units or remotely somehow?

cheers

• Super Members
43 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

Thanks for this, the performance looks very good. 
Does the unit have to be mounted at the sensor plane or is there an option to specify an offset in the menu?

Also, can I toggle between manual focus and autofocus from a button on the Nucleus N or Nucleus M hand units or remotely somehow?

cheers

No, it is independent of the sensor plane so it can be mounted as required as long as the relationship between the position it was in when calibrated for the specific lens is maintained when you then use the lens.

However, if you do want to move it, there is an option when you load the lens from the database to apply an offset and specify the direction of it.

As well as the supplied R1 compact controller, there is a preference option to use the REC button of the Tilta hand controllers to toggle AF-C on and off.

You can also use the wheel to control focus manually in conjunction with the AFX's AF functions.

So if you use the AF-S function, for example, to snap to a focus position then you can trim that with the wheel such that the wheel will take over when it reaches the focus point where the AF function has just driven then lens to.

I've just read your last updates of this morning, I am proud of you and my bet, I. @BTM_Pix

Tomorrow, there will be a new one which means SERVICE we fight to have from anywhere else, kudos to this endeavour!

A customer of yours is really supported as due, it is simply a no-brainer for early adopters as much as any newcomer here.

Just my two cents,

E :- )

May have a project coming up, where this could be advantageous. wave three is sold out. Pardon my ignorance but how does one purchase it now?  Doesn't seem to be any clickable links on the indiego website ?

• Super Members
On 4/27/2021 at 6:18 AM, Sammysammy said:

how and where do we order the stand alone version that works with nucleus follow focus ?

There will be a new production run soon.

7 hours ago, leslie said:

May have a project coming up, where this could be advantageous. wave three is sold out. Pardon my ignorance but how does one purchase it now?  Doesn't seem to be any clickable links on the indiego website ?

As above.

On 5/3/2021 at 12:26 AM, Henchman said:

Could you make an extra preference to flip the screen ipside down, so it's possible to mount the AFX upside down?

We have just released AFX v1.5p, so if you put that on your unit and triple click the B button on the AFX it will toggle the display inversion. 

29 minutes ago, BTM_Pix said:

There will be a new production run soon.

As above.

We have just released AFX v1.5p, so if you put that on your unit and triple click the B button on the AFX it will toggle the display inversion. 

You guys rock

4 hours ago, Henchman said:

He answered your question 

I know he answered my question. In fact i counted on btm being rather prompt in his response in this forum. But i wonder if someone finds his website from another link if they are able to get that information so promptly, not much on the idiegogo site. Perhaps a short message on indiegogo saying, prepare yourselves wave 4 is about to descend, would be appropriate for anyone else who wants to get in on the act. 

In the mean time i'll start saving 🤔

• 3 weeks later...
  • Super Members
26 minutes ago, Henchman said:

Can you suggest a much shorter length cable option for the Tilta controller cable?

It is a regular 3.5mm 4 pole (TRRS) jack cable so something like this 0.3m one is fine.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Braided-Auxiliary-Headphones-Tablets-Headset/dp/B08F2DYYY5

If you are using a Nano motor, the motor end is a 2.5mm 4 pole so if you want to avoid using the adapter then you can have a custom length cable made with the 3.5mm on one end for the AFX and the 2.5mm on the Nano end.