Fotodiox Canon to L-mount adapter with vari ND

newfoundmass

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I've been looking at the S1H as I get more and more concerned with the future of M43, so this caught my eye since I don't think there's another variable ND adapter out there for L-mount. 

I appreciate that they seem pretty honest in the video when it comes to AF for video. I've used some of their dummy adapters before, too, so I'm curious how good this is. 

• Super Members
19 minutes ago, PannySVHS said:

@newfoundmass great find. Thanks for posting! Now all I need is an adapter for Konica AR mount to L mount! A shame there is not one out yet.

Fotasy do one.

Out of stock at Amazon so you might have to hunt a bit to get one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004X9Z32E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_btf_t1_ZxgoFbMPTA4FN

@BTM_Pix Thanks for posting. Unfortunately its a KR mount, similar to Pentax K. Until now I have not seen any Konica Ar adapters for L mount cameras. Hopefully that will change some time. Some awesome lenses out there. Like the beautifully made 35 to 100mm 2.8, which I bought two weeks ago.

I am surprised that none of the S1 owners on this forum wonder why the 10bit codecs and VLOG come with the S5 out of the box and the  S1 does not offer them without the VLog update and even with it still no 4k60p 10bit

• Super Members
6 hours ago, PannySVHS said:

@BTM_Pix Thanks for posting. Unfortunately its a KR mount, similar to Pentax K. Until now I have not seen any Konica Ar adapters for L mount cameras. Hopefully that will change some time. Some awesome lenses out there. Like the beautifully made 35 to 100mm 2.8, which I bought two weeks ago.

Sorry about that.

The description of it was a bit misleading what with metioning Konica AR just the five times and all that!

"Fotasy Konica AR Lens to Leica L Adapter, Konica AR Leica T Adapter, Konica AR Leica SL Adapter, Konica AR Panasonic S, Konica AR Sigma L, fit Leica SL TL2 TL T & Panasonic Lumix S1 S1H S1R Sigma fp"

There are plenty of AR to M adapters around so combined with an M to L adapter that would do the trick.

The M to L adapter very rarely leaves my Leica SL or T or Sigma fp bodies as I'm either using M lenses on them or using it as an intermediary to C/Y or R so it is very useful, particularly as prior to Panasonic and Sigma making L mount bodies there wasn't such a comprehensive range of adapters and those that were available tended to be expensive.

So now that there is a much bigger market has meant manufacturers have started to make low cost direct to L mount adapters I will probably pick a few more up.

But for holdouts like the AR mount then the M to L as an intermediary is still an option.

5 hours ago, BTM_Pix said:

There are plenty of AR to M adapters around so combined with an M to L adapter that would do the trick.

The M to L adapter very rarely leaves my Leica SL or T or Sigma fp bodies as I'm either using M lenses on them or using it as an intermediary to C/Y or R so it is very useful, particularly as prior to Panasonic and Sigma making L mount bodies there wasn't such a comprehensive range of adapters and those that were available tended to be expensive.

So now that there is a much bigger market has meant manufacturers have started to make low cost direct to L mount adapters I will probably pick a few more up.

But for holdouts like the AR mount then the M to L as an intermediary is still an option.

Thank you. That sounds like a solution. Finally! 🙂 I was thinking about that a few hours before I read your answer but didnt follow through on the thought. Fascinating how our brains work sometimes.:) Which specific M to Konica AR adapter do you use? Novoflex or less pricey brands? What mounts and lenses do you adapt to it? I am asking, because I have a history with adapters like many of us, dealing with different qualities and experiences.

The lens I want to adapt weights about 1.1kg / 2.5 pounds. It´s a big lens with 82mm filter thread. I will have to use it with lens support I am pretty sure, also as both adapters will be similar in thickness. I rent some Contax Zeiss lenses once in a while for m43 on a EF speedbooster. The C/Y to EF adapter is pretty thin and is glued to the m43- EF adapter. I think with similar thickness of both adapters, stability is a bit weaker.

I have a FD to L-mount adapter that is beautifully made. I posted a picture here on the forum before. It´s made by Cieco7 and sold on ebay. I asked him about a Konica - Lmount variante. He has not answered yet. But maybe we will get a beautyfully crafted Konica to L-mount adapter some time. There might be a way to modify the Konica lens to EF mount. That way I would have a mini varicam with built in ND and a cine quality zoom lens. Guess what Konica lens I am talking about.:)