Panasonic S5 Entry Level Full Frame seems to be real...

jgharding

I suspect it's also to do with the relationship between the manufacturer and the retailer as well - how much stock the retailer is willing to commit to, how quickly they pay their bills etc.

I just had a quick look at S5 availability from a few major UK retailers - most of them are saying 'in stock' (e.g. Wex is offering next-day delivery), so if I'd had an order with Jessops since September I think I'd be asking them some hard questions by now...

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, ac6000cw said:

I suspect it's also to do with the relationship between the manufacturer and the retailer as well - how much stock the retailer is willing to commit to, how quickly they pay their bills etc.

I just had a quick look at S5 availability from a few major UK retailers - most of them are saying 'in stock' (e.g. Wex is offering next-day delivery), so if I'd had an order with Jessops since September I think I'd be asking them some hard questions by now...

Same over here with coolblue in Belgium. I hope the lens claim will come through otherwise I am done with that retailer. 

6 hours ago, ac6000cw said:

Yeah exactly. Since the end of the pre-order period ended, I’ve been checking every other retailer and they’ve consistently had stock while Jessops hasn’t received any at all. 

I’ve been in touch with both Jessops and Panasonic and both of them have just told me to wait, but I wonder if with the lockdown coming up I’ll just be entirely out of luck?

16 hours ago, benpicko said:

I’ve been in touch with both Jessops and Panasonic and both of them have just told me to wait, but I wonder if with the lockdown coming up I’ll just be entirely out of luck?

If you have a paper trail of email correspondence etc, they can't really do anything but the right thing.

You'd hope any company would regardless just because they cared, but sadly we do live in a world where sometimes you have to lean on people to get their attention.

Just calmly stick with it...but next time, don't use those High Street Muppets, Jessops!