Panasonic S5 Entry Level Full Frame seems to be real...

jgharding

5 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Sorry to go a bit off topic here. But does anybody have any links to the best S1H, S1, S5 footage. Have not found anything yet I am impressed with so far. (got the S5 pre-ordered). 

This was just posted in the 'GH5 to Alexa Conversion' thread. It's shot on the S5.

This was shot on the S1:

These were both shot on the S1H with the Ninja V in ProRes RAW (an update the S5's getting too).

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
52 minutes ago, benpicko said:

This was just posted in the 'GH5 to Alexa Conversion' thread. It's shot on the S5.

This was shot on the S1:

These were both shot on the S1H with the Ninja V in ProRes RAW (an update the S5's getting too).

Is it me, or does this all look overly sharp somehow. Doesnt have that nice smooth feel to it. 

Shot on the S1 with a 1/8 black pro mist (side interview shot is GH5) and some 16mm grain added in.

Heavily graded but if you have a bit of color grading knowledge then the S5/S1/S1H is a big step up from GH5 (not to mention low light capabilities). I think the v-log on the S series has a more organic quality than any of Sony, Canon's, Fuji's current offerings (less sharpening).

Just bought the S5 as a 2nd camera so look forward to testing that out.

On 10/23/2020 at 2:10 PM, zerocool22 said:

Sorry to go a bit off topic here. But does anybody have any links to the best S1H, S1, S5 footage. Have not found anything yet I am impressed with so far. (got the S5 pre-ordered). 

I personally found those examples to be quite good :  

On 10/24/2020 at 1:15 AM, BjornT said:

Shot on the S1 with a 1/8 black pro mist (side interview shot is GH5) and some 16mm grain added in.

Heavily graded but if you have a bit of color grading knowledge then the S5/S1/S1H is a big step up from GH5 (not to mention low light capabilities). I think the v-log on the S series has a more organic quality than any of Sony, Canon's, Fuji's current offerings (less sharpening).

Just bought the S5 as a 2nd camera so look forward to testing that out.

Nice work. 

17 minutes ago, Thpriest said:

Looks a very interesting camera. Anyone got any idea how much the f1.8 primes are going to cost?

Hopefully they don't go the Nikon route on quality and pricing. Nikon's 1.8 optics are perfect, but that causes them to be wildly expensive. Hope the Panasonic ones are "good enough" and affordable. 

19 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yeah this sucks, I ordered back in september. Did not get the camera yet, and tomorrow is the last day to apply for the free lens...... Im gonna cancel my order. 

The claim deadline is the 30th of November so I hope you didn't cancel it lol.

Did you also order from Jessops?

3 hours ago, benpicko said:

The claim deadline is the 30th of November so I hope you didn't cancel it lol.

Did you also order from Jessops?

No a Belgian shop. On the claim document I got it says 30 october though. I just sent them a mail, hopefully they will extend it to november.. cause I feel a bit irritated by the shop and their lack of effort of trying to solve it. 

On 10/29/2020 at 8:55 PM, benpicko said:

To follow on from this, does anybody in the UK? I pre-ordered in mid-September from Jessops and they still haven't received stock...

I got it late September and I'm in the uk but pre ordered on announcement day, also I just managed to get spare batteries today so now I have three.

4 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

No a Belgian shop. On the claim document I got it says 30 october though. I just sent them a mail, hopefully they will extend it to november.. cause I feel a bit irritated by the shop and their lack of effort of trying to solve it. 

I'm going off this page that says November: https://www.panasonicpromotions.co.uk/promotions

Maybe different in the EU?

1 hour ago, Jermaine said:

I got it late September and I'm in the uk but pre ordered on announcement day, also I just managed to get spare batteries today so now I have three.

I pre-ordered the day after announcement day lol, Jessops just keep telling me they never got stock.

22 hours ago, benpicko said:

I pre-ordered the day after announcement day lol, Jessops just keep telling me they never got stock

So strange the differences between areas in the world. i ordered on september 7th, and received it less than é weeks after that. I don't understand how Panasonic can't supply at least a small quantity in USA or other countries. This camera seems to sell very well compared to other full frame cameras from Panasonic (except the S1H that sells more than they thought).

2 hours ago, Trankilstef said:

So strange the differences between areas in the world. i ordered on september 7th, and received it less than é weeks after that. I don't understand how Panasonic can't supply at least a small quantity in USA or other countries. This camera seems to sell very well compared to other full frame cameras from Panasonic (except the S1H that sells more than they thought).

It is pretty strange, I didn't pre-order anything, I just went to a very large retailer's site here in the USA called BestBuy and ordered it...got it within 3 days. I was actually surprised because the two main online camera stores in the USA; Adorama and BH did not have it in stock.

I think a lot of it is the luck of the draw...

On one day, the more popular retailer will have the stock, but then the next, the less popular will have it simply because ‘everyone’ went to the other.

I preordered from CVP in the UK somewhere around the late-middle Sep and received very early Oct so had mine about one month now.