Panasonic S5 Entry Level Full Frame seems to be real...

jgharding

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, ntblowz said:

Have to wait for 30days to claim, otherwise people can return the camera and keep the lens

Surely they can confirm that it is approved and then send the lens 30 days later and ask for new proof or something. I only bought the camera now because they offer the free lens because its a good deal. If I dont get the lens I do want to return it, cause then I can wait for the a7iv which prolly will outperform the s5.

3 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Surely they can confirm that it is approved and then send the lens 30 days later and ask for new proof or something. I only bought the camera now because they offer the free lens because its a good deal. If I dont get the lens I do want to return it, cause then I can wait for the a7iv which prolly will outperform the s5.

Oops I misread your question.  I think each country is a bit different in terms of process? From where I am its the shop that supply the lens to you. Other country need to fill a form or something?

4 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Oops I misread your question.  I think each country is a bit different in terms of process? From where I am its the shop that supply the lens to you. Other country need to fill a form or something?

Yes over here we need to fill out a form with serialnumber, invoice & purchase date. I thought it was the same everywhere 🙂

10 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Has anybody received approval of their free lens yet?

Nope. In fact the opposite and Panasonic UK are just digging their heels in further and not exactly endearing themselves to me, but hey, there are many reasons why any company only achieves 4% market share...

1 hour ago, MrSMW said:

Nope. In fact the opposite and Panasonic UK are just digging their heels in further and not exactly endearing themselves to me, but hey, there are many reasons why any company only achieves 4% market share...

I know you're very annoyed about it (I would be too), but the T's & C's for that promotion - https://login.360incentives.com/Shared/Uploads/SpiffPrograms/359_61284_LUMIXS5GiftPromotionTermsandConditions.pdf - clearly state:

2. The Promotion is applicable to residents of the UK, Channel Islands and Isle of Man who are aged 18 years or over.

...so you don't qualify as you live in France.

Over the years I've claimed various Panasonic UK camera promotions (cashbacks and free lenses mostly) and as far as I remember they are always 'geographically restricted'.

I guess your only hope is a goodwill gesture, but as the promotion handling seems to be contracted-out (to https://360insights.com/ ) I suspect that's unlikely unless you can get Panasonic UK to help directly.

Hello I've got an S5 and really enjoying it, now  I wanted to get a second camera to compliment it as a second angle for interviews and longer focal range for documentary and sports work. I was looking into the  g9 with Panasonic 50-200 used or Panasonic hc x2000 camcorder with its crazy zoom. However with Covid cases going up again I don't want to spend that money right now I just want a second camera angle for now but as cheap as possible and easy to match with the s5. Currently I'm leaving towards a used g9 with a cheap lens as I can add to it when things pick up

7 minutes ago, Jermaine said:

Hello I've got an S5 and really enjoying it, now  I wanted to get a second camera to compliment it as a second angle for interviews and longer focal range for documentary and sports work. I was looking into the  g9 with Panasonic 50-200 used or Panasonic hc x2000 camcorder with its crazy zoom. However with Covid cases going up again I don't want to spend that money right now I just want a second camera angle for now but as cheap as possible and easy to match with the s5. Currently I'm leaving towards a used g9 with a cheap lens as I can add to it when things pick up

Best option would be a second Panasonic S5 but if you don't have the budget yeah the g9 is a good option. Only thing that bothers me is having two different lens mounts, except if you plan on exclusively use EF lenses for example and use EF adapters on each cameras (a speedbooster on the g9 and the regular Sigma MC-21 on the S5).

28 minutes ago, Trankilstef said:

Best option would be a second Panasonic S5 but if you don't have the budget yeah the g9 is a good option. Only thing that bothers me is having two different lens mounts, except if you plan on exclusively use EF lenses for example and use EF adapters on each cameras (a speedbooster on the g9 and the regular Sigma MC-21 on the S5).

Well I want mft or camcorder for telephoto range in a small size compared to the size of a full frame lens

42 minutes ago, Jermaine said:

If it is just going to be a camera on a tripod, and you really want to go extreme with your penny pinching, you might even want to consider going as extreme as a secondhand Panasonic G7 body. 

1 hour ago, Jermaine said:

Well I want mft or camcorder for telephoto range in a small size compared to the size of a full frame lens

That's part of the reason I use m43 cameras - the long telephoto lenses are much smaller (and the Pana 45-200 is really cheap used for the original version, but you need the current 'mark 2' version to get 'dual-IS' support). If you're shooting 1080p on the G9, enabling 'Extra Tele Conversion' gives you x2.7 zoom, which turns 200 mm into 540 mm (== 1080 mm at full-frame). You'll need it on a tripod for that though... 🙂

4 hours ago, IronFilm said:

If it is just going to be a camera on a tripod, and you really want to go extreme with your penny pinching, you might even want to consider going as extreme as a secondhand Panasonic G7 body. 

love this idea, I will get the g7 as my tripod interview and one of mutlicam cameras and comeback for a g9 later.

3 hours ago, ac6000cw said:

That's part of the reason I use m43 cameras - the long telephoto lenses are much smaller (and the Pana 45-200 is really cheap used for the original version, but you need the current 'mark 2' version to get 'dual-IS' support). If you're shooting 1080p on the G9, enabling 'Extra Tele Conversion' gives you x2.7 zoom, which turns 200 mm into 540 mm (== 1080 mm at full-frame). You'll need it on a tripod for that though... 🙂

Yes I really want to pair the 50-200mm with the g9 hopefully next year

7 hours ago, Jermaine said:

I just did the opposite!

I sold my GH5S and PanaLeica 12-60 f/2.8-4 for $1500 USD just to get everything on the same mount and same image quality and color. The color out of the Panasonic m43 cameras just isn't as good as the S series.

I also suggest getting another S5 and getting an MC-21 adapter for cheap EF mount glass ifcost is a concern.

2 hours ago, Jermaine said:

love this idea, I will get the g7 as my tripod interview and one of mutlicam cameras and comeback for a g9 later.

Just be careful that the colour handling of the m43 cameras has changed (got better) over time - the G80 and G9 that I sometimes use together look a bit different to each other (and the G7 is even older than the G80).

As Lux Shots suggests, don't assume that the S5 and even the G9 will 'look' the same just because they are both Panasonic...

2 hours ago, Lux Shots said:

I just did the opposite!

I sold my GH5S and PanaLeica 12-60 f/2.8-4 for $1500 USD just to get everything on the same mount and same image quality and color. The color out of the Panasonic m43 cameras just isn't as good as the S series.

I also suggest getting another S5 and getting an MC-21 adapter for cheap EF mount glass ifcost is a concern.

1 hour ago, ac6000cw said:

Just be careful that the colour handling of the m43 cameras has changed (got better) over time - the G80 and G9 that I sometimes use together look a bit different to each other (and the G7 is even older than the G80).

As Lux Shots suggests, don't assume that the S5 and even the G9 will 'look' the same just because they are both Panasonic...

I think I’ll get the g7 as a second angle for interviews during covid but once things go back to normal I’ll happy pick up another s5 as I’ve got a few more pressing issues. Thanks for the advice, second S5 in spring when most of the events I do are back hopefully 

19 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Yes over here we need to fill out a form with serialnumber, invoice & purchase date. I thought it was the same everywhere 🙂

Are you in the US? My S5 is on order and I had to do the same thing. What was annoying was that on the registration page they made it clear that supplies were limited, first come first served and that there was no guarantee that you would ever actually get the lens. They also said on the page that even if they did ship the lens to you it would not be until Nov at the earliest.

Has anyone tried the Sigma L mount to EF mount adapter yet? I've been reading that the AF gets even worse with the adapter. I don't care about AF for video but planned on using it for images.