EOSHD testing finds Canon EOS R5 overheating to be fake

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Super Members
37 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

It's more the sites and personalities that DON'T mention it that are the problem!

DPReview very quiet aren't they?!

The more cynical ones are just keeping their powder dry so they can make a new "I was WRONG about the R5" with sad gurning face background.

Then the "Have Canon FIXED the R5 with this new firmware ?" with puzzled chin scratching gurning face background.

Then the "Canon R5 six months later" with excited gurning face background.

Then the "Have I really swapped my R5 for a Polaroid instant camera?" with shocked gurning face background.

And on.

And on.

• Administrators

They only have two faces

Frowny gurning face.

AMAZED gurning face.

And of course the two faces they show in real life... One face to the PR reps and one to their audience.

Here's the results of my fridge test:

https://www.eoshd.com/news/canon-eos-r5-overheated-in-my-fridge-after-just-60-jpegs-4-c-ambient/

Maybe the freezer next but to be honest the point has been proven so many times.

I'll put my effort into getting Canon to fix this now and getting an apology out.

Otherwise, I'll see them in the small claims court and some of my 4380 euros back.

2 hours ago, anonim said:

(Last topic's) lessons on shameless opportunism, part 3...

Matti should put up the link. It´s part of journalistic work. Tech journalism on youtube must include that high standard. Someone with a youtube account could remind him in a friendly manner. Engaging and friendly communication and exchange about kewl stuff is what we all enjoy. So Matti will to put up the link and quality content can find the people who deserve to read the info and newest facts.

• Super Members
6 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Here's the results of my fridge test:

https://www.eoshd.com/news/canon-eos-r5-overheated-in-my-fridge-after-just-60-jpegs-4-c-ambient/

Maybe the freezer next but to be honest the point has been proven so many times.

I'll put my effort into getting Canon to fix this now and getting an apology out.

Otherwise, I'll see them in the small claims court and some of my 4380 euros back.

Hell of a day to be on the "Its a stills camera, you should be grateful it shoots any sort of video whatsoever. There are no problems if you just shoot stills with it" team.

angry viral moments GIF

I'm not sure what will be the outcome of all this Canon overheat issue.

But in any case, it have helped me clearing a lot of so called "opinion leader" / Youtubers and other Facebook group that claim knowing something and analyzing a problem.

I listen people talking about their oven and explain why a R5 take 2 hours to cool down 😂
I have witness someone who never touched the camera and able to do a review, holding another body in their hand..
And when the facts became so obvious, and so their previous statement useless, they just jump to another subject. Their is no correction, excuses or update.

It shows how today's world is driven only by audience and not facts.

No way they offer a recall. They knew exactly how this would all play out. They test these cameras for a long time with professionals and they even get feedback. This isn't an oversight. They are just making a super conservative camera that records for a certain amount of time not considering the exterior temperature. Please Canon just let the camera run as long as it can!

• Administrators

The sad fact is that it's easier and cheaper for Canon to fix this problem with more marketing, rather than a recall.

But we customers should remember such ethics and consider whether we want to be giving our money to a company that treats us in this manner.

Peter McKinnon's last video on the EOS R5 was called:

"Filmed this entire EOS R5 Video without it overheating..."

And he's now been silent on the issue for a month, despite all the new revelations.

So whenever somebody comes on here to defend Peter and others like him.

Just remember where their loyalties really lie.

To themselves and to the corporate entities.

It isn't with you.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

The sad fact is that it's easier and cheaper for Canon to fix this problem with more marketing, rather than a recall.

But we customers should remember such ethics and consider whether we want to be giving our money to a company that treats us in this manner.

Peter McKinnon's last video on the EOS R5 was called:

"Filmed this entire EOS R5 Video without it overheating..."

And he's now been silent on the issue for a month, despite all the new revelations.

So whenever somebody comes on here to defend Peter and others like him.

Just remember where their loyalties really lie.

To themselves and to the corporate entities.

It isn't with you.

Yeah, Peter McKinnon has been real silent on the overheating issue lately.

In fact, he is back to using the 1-DX Mk III as his daily vlog camera, and not an R5 in sight. 

Realistically, since he is paid by Canon, he will never be an impartial reviewer and shouldn't ever be treated as such.