Buyers WATCH OUT, Used S1H / S1 Cameras Are Great Bait!

PannySVHS

Hallo friends,

As a S1 owner I am longing for the awesome features of a S1H. This forum doesnt help it otherwise.:) So I keep browsing the bay for used cameras to show up for attractive prices. This week three auctions turned up, two for S1H, one for S1, all of them with different locations in Italy. None of my questions regarding payment procedure and shipping were answered. Two of them have feedback as buyers only, none as sellers, one of them only a very few as seller with all of them over one year old.

All three of them have reused and stolen text and photos from three other original auctions from the US. I checked that, because I was suspicious of the supposely great deals and sofore I used ebays function of showing past auctions.

So watch out a little bit in search for a good deal and of course happy bidding with valid auctions. Most of them are legit but some of them might not be.

Edit: One of the S1H auctions is still running til tomorrow. So, evaluate the points above.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Ebay is pretty safe fortunately. 100% buyer back guarantee. They won't even get the funds until like 25 days after the auction. 

That said if they try to do anything fishy like have you pay outside of ebay or pay for another item as some sort of bargain deal don't do it. Once you go outside of ebay you have no recourse. 

1 hour ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Ebay is pretty safe fortunately. 100% buyer back guarantee. They won't even get the funds until like 25 days after the auction. 

That said if they try to do anything fishy like have you pay outside of ebay or pay for another item as some sort of bargain deal don't do it. Once you go outside of ebay you have no recourse. 

Wise words. 500 bucks in a stupid flyaway once a decade ago because it was a reputable/legit seller (with high ebay feedback), I thought so. Beware.

@thebrothersthre3 With bank transfer (wire) in Europe, money is gone. Transfer takes one to two days in Europe. None of the sellers offered Paypal. None of them answered, if they would accept Paypal. The current S1H auction only offers bank transfer. With that, money would be gone, if account was hacked or if sale was a scam. Last weeks S1H auction offered Amex, Visa, Mastercard and bank transfer.

Yesterdays S1 auction has bank transfer as only option. Since all three of them stole text and pictures from US auctions, I wish the buyers best of luck.

3 hours ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

but the payment won't clear until you send the item to the buyer

I sold my GH5S on eBay with the PanaLeica 12-60, a battery grip and 5 OEM batteries for $1800. I had a dozen picks of the camera, the sensor, the lens from and rear elements and the camera LCD. I was running an auction with the Or Best Offer option, and someone reached out to me with a buy it now for $1800, so I took it, as I was trying to fund an S1H purchase. After a week of receiving my camera, he complained that the unit was not as described, and wanted to send it back even though I said there were no returns! I said what was wrong with the camera, and he said there was a scratch on the bottom of the camera near the tripod mount! 

Ebay forced me to accept the return, and this fuck effectively got a free two week rental out of my camera!

Ebay can eat ass juice for all I care.

1 hour ago, PannySVHS said:

@thebrothersthre3 With bank transfer (wire) in Europe, money is gone. Transfer takes one to two days in Europe. None of the sellers offered Paypal. None of them answered, if they would accept Paypal. The current S1H auction only offers bank transfer. With that, money would be gone, if account was hacked or if sale was a scam. Last weeks S1H auction offered Amex, Visa, Mastercard and bank transfer.

Yesterdays S1 auction has bank transfer as only option. Since all three of them stole text and pictures from US auctions, I wish the buyers best of luck.

Strange, I can't seem to find these auctions listed on trademe, wonder why they're hidden from me??

4 hours ago, Lux Shots said:

I sold my GH5S on eBay with the PanaLeica 12-60, a battery grip and 5 OEM batteries for $1800. I had a dozen picks of the camera, the sensor, the lens from and rear elements and the camera LCD. I was running an auction with the Or Best Offer option, and someone reached out to me with a buy it now for $1800, so I took it, as I was trying to fund an S1H purchase. After a week of receiving my camera, he complained that the unit was not as described, and wanted to send it back even though I said there were no returns! I said what was wrong with the camera, and he said there was a scratch on the bottom of the camera near the tripod mount! 

Ebay forced me to accept the return, and this fuck effectively got a free two week rental out of my camera!

Ebay can eat ass juice for all I care.

I've never used ebay to sell anything due to stories like yours. I only use Craigslist, only accept cash, and only meet in person. Craigslist has its own long list of problems and you will deal with some of the biggest time wasters ever, but when it's a cash only in person transaction the scammer and returns problems are non existent. I sold my 5DIII, some lenses, and a couple of drones this way.

I just sold my Sony a6500 setup in three seperate auctions for the body and two lenses. Everything went smoothly thus far but on the auction for the a6500, I did get a ton of bogus offers wanting my paypal address with a stock message (they were all identical). Plus they offered more than my buy it now price so I knew it wasn’t legit. The other two land this week so hopefully no complaints!

5 hours ago, Lux Shots said:

Same here with a Fuji 56mm f1.2

It was in mint condition.

Purchaser came back about a week after receiving it and said they thought it had been dropped and was damaged/not working properly.

Complete BS.

Ebay made me take it back.

Kept it for a while and then sold it on to a UK dealer who confirmed 'mint'.

With ebay, you have to stick to not selling it outside of them or take the risks.

On 8/9/2020 at 11:20 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

but the payment won't clear until you send the item to the buyer

There was wording directly from Ebay warning me not to send the product until PayPal confirmed funds...maybe I did it wrong. But doesn’t matter, the experience was terrible and frustrating as hell. I could not re-list the product either.

It sounds like I was right to avoid eBay. I have a pile of camera equipment and computer gear that I want to get rid of but I just don't have the energy to deal with the BS from Craigslist or eBay. I have literally thrown away perfectly good equipment that I didn't need because that was easier than dealing with the BS for a few dollars.

I had an entry level Nikon I was trying to sell on Craigslist years ago and a seller wasted my time for weeks. Kept wanting more pictures, asking about how to use the camera, etc; then finally agreeing to buy it but the distance was too far so we agreed to meet in the middle. 20min before I got in the car to start driving to meet them they asked if I could cut the price in half. 

I still own that camera to this day and it is now my timelapse b cam if there is such a thing.

On Ebay Italy even for Italians you pay only Paypal ... but since it is the seller who writes the ad declaring the false, it is probably an African immigrant who made the announcement or from another foreign state (Russia or Eastern Europe). ..
Usually you do not buy online in Italy because you can usually find good offers even in physical stores and if online they are reliable ecommerce sites or just hand swapping.

I have been using eBay for many years, I got a R1, a GH4, an atomos ninja, SSDs, lavaliers, sound recordings, lights, tripods, etc, once a guy from china said he sent the item but he didn't add the tracking number, I complained and got my money back, to be honest my experience has been very good, I always get what I bough, but you always have to follow the manual, you only pay using PayPal through eBay portal, and always check that the seller has a reputation of 100%.