Blackmagic 6k Pro - it will be announced?

Hayk

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
6 hours ago, Hayk said:

What you think Blackmagic Design will announce this year or late in 2021 a new full frame camera Blackmagic 6k Pro?

Nah John Brawley said bm told him full frame is too expensive atm. There are a lot of ff sensors that dont pass QC, so 70% of those sensors are getting tossed away. So they are not profitable atm. So I would not expect one anytime soon.

Maybe it is safe to assume that J. Brawley has at least some weight of consulting influence to BM plans. It seems that his enjoy to participate in forums discussions provide closest possible information through wall of anti-hints attitude that IMO looks dictated and compatible with rest of G. Petty personality expressions. Last that I've read by mr Brawly about that matter is (quote from Personal View):

"It's funny people talk about how great the Z cam is, but I think that BMD kind of did it first with the MICRO. A camera I use a lot. My personal wish would be for them to update THAT camera, maybe go to a full MFT sized version of the 12K sensor."

1 hour ago, anonim said:

Maybe it is safe to assume that J. Brawley has at least some weight of consulting influence to BM plans. It seems that his enjoy to participate in forums discussions provide closest possible information through wall of anti-hints attitude that IMO looks dictated and compatible with rest of G. Petty personality expressions. Last that I've read by mr Brawly about that matter is (quote from Personal View):

"It's funny people talk about how great the Z cam is, but I think that BMD kind of did it first with the MICRO. A camera I use a lot. My personal wish would be for them to update THAT camera, maybe go to a full MFT sized version of the 12K sensor."

The Micro is really due an update. Especially with the Z-Cam/Komodo using the same form factor and being quite popular. It would make sense that they use their new sensor technology in upcoming cameras.  I read somewhere that a MFT crop of that 12K sensor is 8K. It would be cool if they could use the full S35 12K sensor but limited to 8k full sensor recording.

38 minutes ago, JordanWright said:

The Micro is really due an update. Especially with the Z-Cam/Komodo using the same form factor and being quite popular. It would make sense that they use their new sensor technology in upcoming cameras.  I read somewhere that a MFT crop of that 12K sensor is 8K. It would be cool if they could use the full S35 12K sensor but limited to 8k full sensor recording.

Maybe they could use the sensors that don't pass QC on the parameter - outside the M4/3 sensor crop and not have to throw them away.  With this methodology they could do a 6k 1" super 16 broadcast RGBW sensor camera.  I think one issue may be having to cool the whole sensor even though you are only read part of it. That said maybe only reading part of it will allow it to run cooler in the first place.  I think the main concept its to use the same size pixels and put as few as you need to cover as smaller image circle.

Anyways, it makes sensor for Blackmagic to put it at all level of their product line as I think there would be a significant amount of people willing replace their current version with the RGBW version.

We are at the tip of the iceberg when it comes to how much of an impact this RGBW sensor tech will have.  As soon as the comparison tests come out, we will see if the word as we know it had been turned upside down. I believe for people who stake their reputation and careers on producing the best image possible, most likely is has when shooting in a sunlight lite screen.  As for shooting with lower CRI LEDs, probably less of a difference will be decreeable or maybe it will magnify this differences - we shall see.

22 hours ago, Hayk said:

What you think Blackmagic Design will announce this year or late in 2021 a new full frame camera Blackmagic 6k Pro?

Considering their brand new high end camera is not full frame I doubt it will happen anytime soon. Probably 2023 at the earliest.