GH3 first time buying a camera - advice needed

Chasingexcelence

Hey guys.

i am out looking for a cheap'ish camera for some stuff i do.

i'm doing a lot of skydiving and extreme sport that i record on a hero 5, but i want a better camera for when i'm talking about the experience before and after.
Is there anything i should look out for when buying this camera?, is there any better options you would recommend in the range of 300 usd?
As far as i have found out, this camera should be pretty good for what i need it for, especially the flip screen, since im gonna have to adjust a lot in the beginning to hit the spot.

i am completely green on the camera side of things, so i am just trying it out to see if it will grow on me.
Thanks.

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Looking on ebay (completed listings) there seem to be quite a few GH4's going for around the $350 mark, If you have settled on the GH3 it was an ok camera, but the GH4 was a great improvement to the GH line, the addition of 4K and especially the 96fps for me was a big improvement over the quite restricted GH3 🙂

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1&_nkw=panasonic+gh4&_sop=15

Alternatively the g85 has ibis and might be worth a look, a lot of people swear by them.

You could get a Panasonic G7 for this budget, has a small edge over the GH4 in quality, but will be cheaper. (you'll lose out on Live HDMI out and weatherproofing)

Otherwise the Olympus EM10III is good one to consider too.