Canon boss Masaya Maeda steps down

Andrew Reid

• Administrators

masaya-maeda.jpg

Canon President and long-time camera business COO Mr Maeda-san has stepped down for health reasons. The change means 84 year old Chairman and CEO Fujio Mitarai once again assumes the triple role of Chairman, CEO and President until a replacement can be found for Masaya Maeda-san.

https://www.eoshd.com/news/canon-boss-masaya-maeda-has-stepped-down-due-to-health-issues/

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Nikkor said:

Seppuku isn't a thing anymore?

Only in some of these awesome cinematic masterpieces from Japan, fortunately.

1 hour ago, josdr said:

The new 84 year old president will now deem that 720p line-skipping is more than enough for the R5 and will give relevant firmware instructions...

Is it really health problems or a means to save face? My best wishes to Mr Maeda nevertheles..

Is it implications or is it consideration of health you are communicating? Nevertheless, my best assumptions about your intentions:) 

dudes done well to make it to 84, and run a rather large business. How many 84 year olds rock stars are there?  most of them are dead at half the age. Me i would have sold it all off 20 years ago retired and bought a small island continent somewhere. 😀