CANON EOS R in ACTION!

PannySVHS

Our avid action choreographer and director @hmcindie has done several high paced pieces. Many of them were some of my favorite posts for showing off a variety of cameras. Now one with the original Canon EOS R, testing its capabilities and showcasing the skills of the filmmakers. Awesome indie stuff. Interesting enough that this footage looks more compelling than Canons official footage for their new R5 and R6. This is a rolling shutter test par exellence. And great proof of handheld skills. No overheating camera, just heat of the action!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Wow thanks! I got used to shooting with a horrid rs while using the a6300.

A lot of what helps is using a 180 degree shutter. I have the eos lens adapter with the nd filter. Awesome for outside shootings. Also what helps is cropping out the top and bottom to 2.35:1 (wont see that much of a wobble) plus having things to follow with the cam. And a bit of a wide angle.

I used to be a huge advocate for global shutter. Still am but nowadays dont care as much.

On 7/21/2020 at 7:54 PM, mkabi said:

Wow... choreo... I can never get my actors to also do the stunt work.... fight scene fine... flipping to the ground... no no... 

Where’d you get these guys... that’s what I wanna know.

Try the tricking community in your area or just post a "looking for stunt guys for fight scene (NOT PAID)" and wait for people to respond. Surprisingly many do.

I was in LA for a holiday last year and I posted something like that just for fun on a board where people usually post work related stuff and I got over 100 responses in five hours + everyone had head shots etc of themselves. It was nuts. And awesome!

• 2 weeks later...