Backyard Fight - Canon EOS R (4k) action

hmcindie

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

@hmcindie Super cool. Lovely handheld camera. Too bad the subforums not as much visited as the other threads. So, which is your favorite indiefilm/shortfilm/actionshortfilm camera as of NOW. BMCC, 5DRAW... ? Always loved your videos. Would love to see more of these kinda posts in the main forum. Talking practical relevance and such.

Really well shot and choreographed, but a little too close to the action sometimes, it felt a little tight in frame at times. I really wanted the camera to take a step or two back so I could see more of the choreography 🙂

Did you shot it all in 4k or mixed with HD for better RS? DoF didn't look so shallow, which I appreciate (I like to see things in focus, haha!) What focal lengths did you use?

How about the grading? Did you shoot log? Internal or external? Really like to know if it held up well on the internal codec in log 🙂

20 hours ago, Ingerson said:

Did you shot it all in 4k or mixed with HD for better RS? DoF didn't look so shallow, which I appreciate (I like to see things in focus, haha!) What focal lengths did you use?

How about the grading? Did you shoot log? Internal or external? Really like to know if it held up well on the internal codec in log 🙂

I shot it all in 4k with a 10-18mm ef-s lens. Clog internal, just a quick little toning nothing specific.

• 2 months later...
On 7/21/2020 at 12:38 AM, hmcindie said:

Decided to film action training with the Canon EOS R. People like to complain about the RS but it's still usable in highspeed stuff.

But only if the actors are up to high speed stuff too:) Great job with the angles, pace and editing! Now we want to see some scandinavian Samo Hung action. 🙂