New Blackmagic Announcement Soon?

ntblowz

1 minute ago, A_Urquhart said:

Because of there plenty of better solutions out there, for less money.....for me.

There, i fixed it for you. 

Not everyone has the same needs as you, you do realise that don't you?

if you are in this forum most probably you are part of the 99.9% of the people who doesn't need this camera, because of, there are better solutions out there, you do realize that don't you?.

so let's say things for what they are, this camera a waste of time, for 99.9% of the people here, even for you, simple like that!!!

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Being really honest... What is the market for this camera? 

I mean, if I have $10K to spend  I would definitely put a little more and go for a Sony FX9 with that beautiful full frame/cinetone/AF or maybe for a C300MKIII for Canon colors plus that dual sensor image capture. Or an used Alexa Classic if you're making movies with a crew.

At that price range I think that image quality is the best feature, and blackmagic is behind Canon and Sony at that price range.

And that's not even mentioning the 12K...

3 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

if you are in this forum most probably you are part of the 99.9% of the people who doesn't need this camera, because of, there are better solutions out there, you do realize that don't you?.

so let's say things for what they are, this camera a waste of time, for 99.9% of the people here, even for you, simple like that!!!

I'm not going to buy the camera myself, butI may suggest it to future productions that want to shoot 4K 9:16. You see, many people don't just choose one camera and shoot everything with it. Many people hire the right tool for the job when they need it. Yes, this camera is not for 98% of people here but that's ok. 

The Alexa mini is not for 98% of people here ....is that a waist of time camera?

1 minute ago, A_Urquhart said:

I'm not going to buy the camera myself, butI may suggest it to future productions that want to shoot 4K 9:16. You see, many people don't just choose one camera and shoot everything with it. Many people hire the right tool for the job when they need it. Yes, this camera is not for 98% of people here but that's ok. 

The Alexa mini is not for 98% of people here ....is that a waist of time camera?

when you have an Alexa, yes, this is a waste of time camera!!!

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

Talking about 98% of people here is an idea for Blackmagic.

Full frame Pocket Cinema Pro 6K.

Articulated screen.

ND.

New body design with power efficient processor.

Did I mention articulated screen?

Just now, A_Urquhart said:

EOSHD....the home for the small minded.

Yes the Alexa is wasted on us!

But 12K? Bring it on!

4 minutes ago, Coiii said:

Being really honest... What is the market for this camera? 

I mean, if I have $10K to spend  I would definitely put a little more and go for a Sony FX9 with that beautiful full frame/cinetone/AF or maybe for a C300MKIII for Canon colors plus that dual sensor image capture. Or an used Alexa Classic if you're making movies with a crew.

At that price range I think that image quality is the best feature, and blackmagic is behind Canon and Sony at that price range.

And that's not even mentioning the 12K...

I guess it's all subjective but I prefer the image quality of the BM Ursa to the Sony and Canon, it's all the other usability stuff where the Japanese companies excel.

That it can do 4k  6k 8k 12k Raw opens up all kinds of possibilities

22 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

I will say that they need to release a FF camera soon to stay relevant. There are many DP's out there who are starting to use FF cameras and really loving them. It needs to be a completely new design though. Better design than the P6K but not as big as the UMP.

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Talking about 98% of people here is an idea for Blackmagic.

Full frame Pocket Cinema Pro 6K.

Articulated screen.

ND.

New body design with power efficient processor.

Did I mention articulated screen?

Fully agree Andrew.

4 minutes ago, A_Urquhart said:

EOSHD....the home for the small minded.

EOSHD is the home for the people who is not afraid to call things for what they are, if a new fancy boy in town is a waste of time, we say it loudly, fan boys always get mad, but that's not our problem,!!!

Something else worth mentioning, it would seem that BMD have made working with 12K easier than working with 8K from other manufacturers....even the same as working with 4K from others if what Grant said holds true.

If you can record it easily, work with it easily ...then why not I suppose. You can always record 4K or 6K BRAW with no crop if you need.

I'm the first to scoff at a resolution war because it usually comes at the expense of workflow but this seems different.

• Administrators

I suppose if medium format cameras are nessessary for some commercial stills work, then medium format resolution is in demand for some clients in video and in cinema.

So there is demand for it. Very top end, very niche, but it is there.

I just think Blackmagic could do more in the mirrorless 4K/6K camera market than they have done.

9 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

when you have an Alexa, yes, this is a waste of time camera!!!

Alexa costs over 8x what this does and that's not factoring in all the special recording media and accessories that you need with it. This Ursa Mini records to off the shelf media you can buy at your local computer shop.

Something else worth mentioning, it would seem that BMD have made working with 12K easier than working with 8K from other manufacturers.

If you can record it easily, work with it easily ...then why not I suppose. 

so it has been optimized for Resolve, what about Premiere?, final Cut?., is it like butter there ether?, you are making a lot of non justified suppositions man.

14 minutes ago, ade towell said:

I guess it's all subjective but I prefer the image quality of the BM Ursa to the Sony and Canon, it's all the other usability stuff where the Japanese companies excel.

That it can do 4k  6k 8k 12k Raw opens up all kinds of possibilities

One thing it's what you prefer and other thing it's what's clients and market prefers. And that's where Canon and Sony are kings. That's why I asked for the market of this camera.

DP/Owner: Sony and Canon are better for rental and are more demanded.

Film/Media: FX9 and C300 are Netflix approved.

Digital/Ads: Alexa/Sony/Canon colors are always preferred.

Slow Motion: Rent a RED/Phantom.

The $10-$15K market it's really hard to just try to entry with a resolution race where most professionals are comfortable shooting 2K/4K, prioritizing image quality against any resolution.

1 minute ago, hijodeibn said:

so it has been optimized for Resolve, what about Premiere?, final Cut?., is it like butter there ether?, you are making a lot of non justified suppositions man.

BMD have usually been quite open to allowing access to other NLE manufacturers their SDK's should they wish to implement them. We can only wait and see.

Alexa costs over 8x what this does and that's not factoring in all the special recording media and accessories that you need with it. This Ursa Mini records to off the shelf media you can buy at your local computer shop.

so the target is also wrong, medium/big companies have the money to rent an Alexa, why they will pick up this new boy in town?, and the rest, SOLO shooters, we have many other best options out there, a waste of time, except for fan boys and STOCK FOOTAGE SHOOTERS!!!

Just now, hijodeibn said:

so the target is also wrong, medium/big companies have the money to rent an Alexa, why they will pick up this new boy in town?, and the rest, SOLO shooters, we have many other best options out there, a waste of time, except for fan boys and STOCK FOOTAGE SHOOTERS!!!

It's okay @hijodeibn. You're in a safe space now. Tell us where BMD hurt you.

Seriously man your beef with a camera company is hilarious. 

I have no interest in 8K, let alone 12K.  Still, if I was asked to shoot 8K, then this camera is probably the better alternative than struggling through the R5 overheating.  Better frame rates as well makes it inheritantly more practical as well for a range of videos.  

Can't say I plan to pick up one unless all my Wedding couples suddenly get 8K TVs.  But I'm still getting asked for DVDs, so I guess its not very likely. 😂😂

To be honest, I preferred the idea of a 6K fullframe Pocket upgrade, but I guess that's for another day.  I'd be interested to see if the new colour science and BRAW improvements get passed down.