New Blackmagic Announcement Soon?

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Blackmagic are the crack dealers of the camera industry... have a taste of 4K BRaw at $1299... oh you like that... try this 6K BRaw for $2499... wait... since you're such a good customer... you can have it for $1999...

Next thing you know, wedding videographers will be tweaking all over the dance floor... dreaming about how much they could crop into a 12K image to properly capture the snot from the bride's nose in a glorious 8K delivery...

2 minutes ago, Katrikura said:

The most important thing is that apparently, it does not overheat and there is no need to wait for it to cool down, to continue using it.

and no DPAF, no IBIS, do they include the crew needed to manage that beast?, we need something for SOLO shooters, not this white elephant, where is the new pocket we were all expecting?, what a waist of time!!!

• Administrators
15 minutes ago, Oliver Daniel said:

What the actual f***. 

Who on earth is going to use 12k? Who is this for? I don’t get it. What a strange day. 

Haha it's such a ridiculous year.

Not just a strange day!

I have absolutely zero use for the 12K URSA.

Why on earth didn't they get the Pocket Pro with full frame Sigma Fp sensor and internal BRAW out instead? I am pretty sure they still have one up their sleeve.

4 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

This would have been a mistake except for one thing:  the ability to do 4K RAW on it makes it awesome and usable on most productions. 12K is there in case you need it.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 4K RAW is from an enormous S16 crop... 2.8x crop factor!

There is no S35 4K mode is there?

3 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Not just a strange day!

Why on earth didn't they get the Pocket Pro with full frame Sigma Fp sensor and internal BRAW out instead? I am pretty sure they still have one up their sleeve.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 4K RAW is from an enormous S16 crop... 2.8x crop factor!

Sounds like a wildlife videographers dream. 

There is, a big part of the presentation was that they have RAW options that don't crop in. So 4K and 8K have no crop, that is a huge selling point on this camera I think.

I thought he said that the camera is 12, 8 or 4 at full sensor with no crop? I might have misunderstood.

Its the integrated workflow which will appeal to a lot of people. Although why anyone would buy 9 is beyond me.

4 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

Not just a strange day!

What a mess Blackmagic, waste of time, not even in the next 5 years I will need 12K, I need 6K/4k for cheap for a SOLO shooter, who said the announcement was about the new pocket?, what a piece of shit!!!, not needed except for big productions or fan boys.

1 minute ago, hijodeibn said:

What a mess Blackmagic, waste of time, not even in the next 5 years I will need 12K, I need 6K/4k for cheap for a SOLO shooter, who said the announcement was about the new pocket?, what a piece of shit!!!, not needed except for big productions or fan boys.

Lol then take your money elsewhere friend.

1 minute ago, hijodeibn said:

You might still get either from blackmagic or another brand.

• Administrators

It is marketing shenanigans.

A banner halo product to say "We make the best technology and have 12K, but Canon only has 8K".

I don't think it exists because of demand or creativity, or doing what Pocket customers want.