New Blackmagic Announcement Soon?

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 minutes ago, ajay said:

I think it's around 50MP? 11520x4320

Thanks for the revert. I just checked.

"Only Blackmagic RAW makes cinema quality 12‑bit, 80 megapixel images at up to 60 frames a reality! Constant quality Q0 and Q5 options and new Q1 and Q3 lock the quality level, allowing compression to adapt, matching the detail of the scene. Constant bitrate encoding options 5:1, 8:1, 12:1 and the new 18:1 are designed to give you the best possible images with predictable and consistent file size. You can record RAW to two cards simultaneously so you can shoot 12K or 8K to either CFast or UHS‑II cards, even at high frame rates! Blackmagic RAW stores camera metadata, lens data, white balance, digital slate information and custom LUTs to ensure consistency of image on set and through post production."

"You can shoot up to 60 fps in 12K 12,288 x 6480 17:9! For higher frame rates, you can shoot 110 fps at 8192 x 4320, 140 fps at 8192 x 3408 and even window the sensor to Super 16 to capture 4K at an incredible 220 fps at 4096 x 2160 DCI! URSA Mini Pro 12K has flexible frame rate and resolution options, and captures with improved motion rendering which means that you get smoother edges in 8K and 4K even at lower frame rates."

4 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

It is, but it's in the range of a lot of people that never would've dreamed of being able to get 8K raw, let alone 12k.

$10K in the range of a lot of people, in this time, really?, 99% here will never spend that money in a camera, who needs 8K?, I do not see the advantage over a SH1, a pocket with 6K, something like that could have been much more interesting, not this.

1 minute ago, hijodeibn said:

$10K in the range of a lot of people, in this time, really?, 99% here will never spend that money in a camera, who needs 8K?, I do. to see the advantage over a SH1, a pocket with 6K, something like that could have been much more interesting, not this.

I don't see the point of 12k personally right now, but when you compare it to other cameras in that price range, yes, $10k for a 12k camera is a bargain. You're not going to find anything like it in that price range. 

5 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

I don't see the point of 12k personally right now, but when you compare it to other cameras in that price range, yes, $10k for a 12k camera is a bargain. You're not going to find anything like it in that price range. 

yes, for a medium/big production is a bargain, it is good for them, for us, it is like the advertising of latest Cadillac, nice but I am never going to buy it, I was expecting a pocket 8K/6K for cheap, not this white elephant.