New Blackmagic Announcement Soon?

ntblowz

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
11 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

I would be highly surprised to see any new MFT mount cameras from BM. I honestly think they are going to do S35 and FF moving forward. Just a hunch.

Yeah definitely don't expect it to happen. Would love a mft mount on super 35 as it's such a versatile option! 

• Administrators

S35 sensor does go well in a M43 mount as JVC showed.

Blackmagic have such great innards. It is time to step up the game and put them in a camera body worthy of the image, sensor, codec, and touchscreen UI.

A $2500 Pocket camera with EVF and IBIS would be a roaring success.

17 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

S35 sensor does go well in a M43 mount as JVC showed.

Blackmagic have such great innards. It is time to step up the game and put them in a camera body worthy of the image, sensor, codec, and touchscreen UI.

A $2500 Pocket camera with EVF and IBIS would be a roaring success.

And a colorscience update please, so I don't have to worry about saturated blue or red light sources.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

EF mount too big for Micro camera. 44mm flange.

Hopefully if they have any sense it will be a micro camera with E mount!

They surely won't be allowed to use the E-Mount... as much as id love to use the Loxia lenses on a BM! L-Mount could be a possibility, they are letting the FP record braw. 

2 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

EF mount too big for Micro camera. 44mm flange.

Hopefully if they have any sense it will be a micro camera with E mount!

Or even Micro Cinema Camera 6K with a MFT Mount! They could squeeze it in there, just like JVC did. 

11 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

Or even Micro Cinema Camera 6K with a MFT Mount! They could squeeze it in there, just like JVC did. 

What would be the point of it if you couldn't crop into the center for MTF lenses? Don't really see the point to use the mount when there are more AF adapters for E-mount and will be more future lens choices for L and Canon R. I would love a Z-mount but I know that doesn't have a shot in hell of happening.

37 minutes ago, Geoff CB said:

What would be the point of it if you couldn't crop into the center for MTF lenses? Don't really see the point to use the mount when there are more AF adapters for E-mount and will be more future lens choices for L and Canon R. I would love a Z-mount but I know that doesn't have a shot in hell of happening.

Most people want MFT for the flexibility. I and many others would want the MFT mount, so we could use lenses that are made in mirrorless mounts (x mount, e mount, mtf etc) from companies like Meike, Fujinon, SLR Magic etc... the majority of these lenses tend to all be made for super 35/FF while also available in a MTF mount...allowing them to cover the full sensor, unlike the majority of Panasonic and Olympus lenses. There's also many different focal reducers readily available. 

As I stated earlier, the two Fujinon MK lenses would go nicely on a super 35 Blackmagic camera!

I would also prefer E Mount, although I believe sony do not licence it out to other companies.  Probably would have to be a dumb adapter, like Kineifinty...

Anyways If it is a camera announcement at all, it will most likely be EF mount...

12 minutes ago, majoraxis said:

The least engineering intensive addition would be an M4/3 mount Pocket 6k.  My preferences would be a Pocket 8k APS-C sensor with M4/3 mount. Maybe they previously lowered the price of the 6k pocket to make way for an 8k pocket version...

ZCam has the right approach with their interchangeable mount

8 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

I think 8K is on nobodies radar, not sure why they would invest in resolution. But it is an easy route for them. 

Everything is an eventuality. 8k is happening. Regardless of how overrated it may be. And how unreasonable and resource heavy .

7 hours ago, Anaconda_ said:

I think that would upset too many people. The Pocket 4k was only released in September 2018. Releasing a 2nd 'upgrade' already would be a bit much, many users wouldn't upgrade for 8k. Also, putting a higher res sensor in the same body when there's well documented issues with the body design would be irresponsible. They'd have to at least add a tilt screen, change the battery and adjust a few more things. They might put that sensor in a micro body, but that's basically a Z-Cam e2 rebranded. I don't think they'll be announcing any cameras this time around.

I think this announcement will be mostly on Resolve, since that was missed with their last announcement and they couldn't show it off at NAB. There will also be firmware updates for their lineup :

• We know Braw is coming to VA for the Sigma FP, but there will also be more supported cameras and treats for people with the new VAs.
  • Possible Braw on the original Mini 4.6k (not pro) - That would be spectacular.
  • There might be Braw improvements for all systems - higher frame rates? Maybe 4k Braw on the pocket 6k? Maybe the whole process has been refined?

They cannot create a new body design except for their studio or higher end. If they created a new camera type, lots of loyalists would throw a tantrum.

I sometimes wonder whether Blackmagic should have picked by IBIS, an Articulating Screen, Good Battery Life, PDAF and Weather Sealing from Olympus, before Olympus committed camera division as a junk sale. Imagine a smaller and better designed Blackmagic camera, more on the lines of a FF camera like the S1H with internal BRAW, an articulating 3.5inch display, good battery life and IBIS, 6k or 8k. For $2500-3000. People may feel reluctant to pick it up, how much easier it would be without a ton of accessories.

In many ways, I felt Blackmagic and Olympus should have explored a joint venture opportunity. I guess not only parents and licences of Olympusbare up for sale, so it's probably a little late. 

• Administrators

A small Aussie bird told me:

Blackmagic Pocket 6K Pro with full frame sensor may be announced https://www.eoshd.com/news/rumour-blackmagic-pocket-6k-pro-with-full-frame-sensor-may-be-announced/

Take this as a rumour. 8/10 sure about the source. 👍

10 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

A small Aussie bird told me:

Blackmagic Pocket 6K Pro with full frame sensor may be announced https://www.eoshd.com/news/rumour-blackmagic-pocket-6k-pro-with-full-frame-sensor-may-be-announced/

Take this as a rumour. 8/10 sure about the source. 👍

Holy crap. Not only for the rumour but it gave a heureka moment. Off to the eoshd challenge thread. Thanks, Andrew 🙂