Canon R6 overheats as well.

Matthew19

Just now, Andrew Reid said:

Behiri's motto seems to be Professional filmmaking is what you do, not what it looks like!

It is funny how someone that describes themselves as a professional filmmaker in Japan filming something that they claim is important would rely on a pre-production hybrid mirrorless camera with no back up. All of this while not having any sort of concrete statistics of what went wrong, how long, which mode, etc. in an article and video labeled "review". How can you be a professional site and review something without "stopwatch" tests or some sort of record of when and how long things went wrong? Isn't that your job to do the tedious work for people who want to spend money? His excuse of it not working the way he shot and thats not good enough for him is fine for a blog post, but I just don't see how that can fly for a proper review article. If you are doing a review, you first off need to do timed tests to back your claims so people know if they are within spec or not, then if there is still a problem that is NOT what the company advertised you NEED to reach out to the company and say "hey wtf is this normal?" and gather some sort of statement. Especially when you are working with a pre-production unit. Then you put their quote or statement into the review. For example "My camera actually overheated 5 minutes into recording which is not normal according to Canon's spec sheet. I reached out to Canon and they said____________". None of that happened. I don't see how this is proper journalism. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
  • Administrators
34 minutes ago, crevice said:

It is funny how someone that describes themselves as a professional filmmaker in Japan filming something that they claim is important would rely on a pre-production hybrid mirrorless camera with no back up. All of this while not having any sort of concrete statistics of what went wrong, how long, which mode, etc. in an article and video labeled "review". How can you be a professional site and review something without "stopwatch" tests or some sort of record of when and how long things went wrong? Isn't that your job to do the tedious work for people who want to spend money? His excuse of it not working the way he shot and thats not good enough for him is fine for a blog post, but I just don't see how that can fly for a proper review article. If you are doing a review, you first off need to do timed tests to back your claims so people know if they are within spec or not, then if there is still a problem that is NOT what the company advertised you NEED to reach out to the company and say "hey wtf is this normal?" and gather some sort of statement. Especially when you are working with a pre-production unit. Then you put their quote or statement into the review. For example "My camera actually overheated 5 minutes into recording which is not normal according to Canon's spec sheet. I reached out to Canon and they said____________". None of that happened. I don't see how this is proper journalism. 

HAH!

Indeed. Professional - oh can you wait while I put ice on my camera please, thank you.

I'd have kicked him off the shoot.

It's a doc that anybody could have done, any amateur can ask to film somebody who wants publicity. People do it thousands of times a day all over the world and it is all out there in all its mediocre glory on the internet.

To disguise this effort as some sort of 'giving back' to the camera community, helping people make informed decisions, it's all bullshit, and amazingly people do fall for it in quite surprising numbers. Which is in itself a poor reflection on the state of humanity.

Why doesn't Professional Career Man answer my questions if he's such an expert.

He knows roughly how long the camera rolled for on a take before an overheating warning and how far into the shoot that was.

He knows whether or not the camera was turned on or off during gaps in-between takes. Was it in live-view the entire X number of hours, and how many batteries did he get through?

Lastly what the fuck did Canon get out of this?

The bad publicity from the article is one thing, and deserved. But zero useful feedback? No timing data? THAT is how Canon end up in situations like this in the first place.

1 hour ago, Andrew Reid said:

I tried to tease the basics out of him but he was having none of it.

Just the usual C5D c**ty line of "you're just a tester, leave the actual filmmaking work to us"!

Screenshot-2020-07-25-at-03.41.17.jpg

why they can not answer how many hours were they filming?, how long they wait in each stop?, I am usually doing that and I can give at least an estimated time, and when you are having problems you are watching the clock every minute, anyway, we will have to wait for more quality reviews, I hope soon we will see one with the R6 and external recording which give me some light, because of right now is a no no camera.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

The bad publicity from the article is one thing, and deserved. But zero useful feedback? No timing data? THAT is how Canon end up in situations like this in the first place.

You nailed that on the head. If this is an actual issue that is not performing as advertised...how could you NOT reach out to Canon? Wouldn't you tell the company that just handed you a pre-production camera that something is wrong with the unit so they can fix the issue? If it performed as advertised, then why did it overheat and at what point of pressing record did things fall apart? Everyone loses with articles like these and they spread like wildfire.