Canon R6 overheats as well.

Matthew19

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
16 hours ago, Yurolov said:

Solid IBIS. No overheating experienced at 4k 24p (shot over an hour). 30 minutes for 4k60p before overheating.

Great, overheating has not so much impact in Canada, let's wait for the review in Miami.

Anyway, probably with some indie ice pack solution will be posible to get better time recordings in hot weather.

1 hour ago, Trek of Joy said:

The R6 performance looks really good, HD 120fps looks nice, 4k60p and IBIS look fantastic. The R5 that shot the Dpreview video looks really good too.

Chris

if we find a DIY solution for hot weather the camera will be really good!

On 7/12/2020 at 11:36 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

Nothing bakes like direct sun. I'd be interested to shoot in 4k 60p 10 bit for an hour or so and see what happens. 

That said the XT3 definitely performs pretty well. I had overheating issues a lot with my A6300. I had issues with the XT30, but I assume its due to the smaller body. 

What are the issue that you've had with the XT-30 (it have a 10 min time limit in 4k, not)?

Have one in my radar, good to have some hands on info.

35 minutes ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

What are the issue that you've had with the XT-30 (it have a 10 min time limit in 4k, not)?

Have one in my radar, good to have some hands on info.

I think the record limit in 4k is 15 minutes but I forget. I was shooting a dance recital at 4k 30p. After it hit the record limit I'd immediately press record again. Probably 30 minutes into in it started overheating and shutting off. This was inside, not a particularly hot venue either. I switched to 1080p and it was fine though. 

On 7/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, thebrothersthre3 said:

I think the record limit in 4k is 15 minutes but I forget. I was shooting a dance recital at 4k 30p. After it hit the record limit I'd immediately press record again. Probably 30 minutes into in it started overheating and shutting off. This was inside, not a particularly hot venue either. I switched to 1080p and it was fine though. 

Thanks for the info. 🙂

Not sure if we are allowed to post this here:

But judging by this it is an unmitigated disaster of a camera...although that is not the impression you get from dpreview where there was no overheating at 24p. But summer in japan can get hot. Originally, I thought this would be a good camera, but if it is this bad, then I don't know how you could justify purchasing it. 

Woah - the review above compared to the dpreview review it's like they talking about a different camera! Pretty damning.

Unfortunately the guy above didn't go into any detail of how long / which frame rate which is crucial. The camera could be performing exactly as Canon have said!

Need more detailed reviews.

I don't follow C5D's reviews very often but on this review he shot for two days or so and did not provide any specific details on modes, and settings.

Clearly he was very let down by the R6 but whats the point in this feedback if couldn't clarify his recording times, and how/when the problems occurred. 

His write up on the issue below, I guess he was like Fu-K it, it overheats.

1160760689_ScreenShot2020-07-24at8_33_52AM.thumb.png.391efcc4cffa6998fc0d712dd82a6035.png

This is worrying.  I had hoped the R6 would perform better than the R5 for coping with overheating.  I would be reluctant to use this camera even for short periods if its as bad as this review suggests.

If this account is accurate and true for the final production camera, it makes a lie of anyone who feels they can get away with using either the R5 or R6 even for short filming segments as opposed to long recordings like Weddings.  

No doubt many have the R5 and R6 on preorder.  It'll be interesting to read more accounts to best judge how serious the overheating problem is.  

That C5D article is one of the worst professional “reviews” I have ever read. It reads like a blog by a college student. He goes into zero detail about what actual mode he was using (hq?, etc), how long he was shooting or if he even reached out to canon to see if it was normal. Not to mention the writing skills are just plain bad. 

4 minutes ago, SteveV4D said:

This is worrying.  I had hoped the R6 would perform better than the R5 for coping with overheating.  I would be reluctant to use this camera even for short periods if its as bad as this review suggests.

If this account is accurate and true for the final production camera, it makes a lie of anyone who feels they can get away with using either the R5 or R6 even for short filming segments as opposed to long recordings like Weddings.  

No doubt many have the R5 and R6 on preorder.  It'll be interesting to read more accounts to best judge how serious the overheating problem is.  

Agreed.

He states that he used a pre-production camera so maybe something was up with his unit ?

DPreview guy said they used a full production unit for their review.  I cant call it... 

2 hours ago, Yurolov said:

Not sure if we are allowed to post this here:

But judging by this it is an unmitigated disaster of a camera...although that is not the impression you get from dpreview where there was no overheating at 24p. But summer in japan can get hot. Originally, I thought this would be a good camera, but if it is this bad, then I don't know how you could justify purchasing it. 

This camera is useless, there is no way you can work with a tool like that, the only hope now is an external recorded, I know will be a bulky solution but at least you will not lose important moments during the shooting. Really bad canon!

15 minutes ago, hijodeibn said:

This camera is useless, there is no way you can work with a tool like that, the only hope now is an external recorded, I know will be a bulky solution but at least you will not lose important moments during the shooting. Really bad canon!

Until your micro hdmi breaks 😂😂😂😂

Damn.. that is a scary bad review. I sincerely hope R5 does a better job than that but in any case I will be awaiting more in-depth reviews of the overheating before even considering purchasing it. Very alarmed by this even though the details are sketchy.

270812244_2020-07-2417_47_38-CanonEOSR6ReviewFirstLookwithFootageSeriousLimitationDoubtfulVideo.thumb.png.1dcf4e7600fde808141703d0f7a09044.png

Guys he said he shot in 4k24p. Funny enough the R6 should not overheat in 4k30p and below according to Canon. That's very very scary ! i can't imagine the R5 with the extreme 8k and 4k120p modes. I will wait for the A7sIII to come out before deciding if I keep my S1H or if I make the jump back to Sony, but honestly Canon is now out of my list.