Canon EOS R5 has serious overheating issues – in both 4K and 8K

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
58 minutes ago, gt3rs said:

They could have created a battery grip with fan and give the choice to users.... and even make more money

It’s crazy. Profiting off giving choice to users who really want it. Crazy idea.

50 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

I can't believe there arent any reviews out yet. By the looks of it dozens of people already got one. Are they under an NDA or something. 

Canon is really controlling the narrative around this launch. They give the camera to reviewers and then they tell them you can’t talk about RS or anything like they until they release the camera! Meanwhile people preordering with a sense of naivety around it all. 

Meh.. fairly standard practice from them. Pre-pandemic this type of launch would have warranted a big hoopla press event in a staged environment with media card doors sealed but instead they went with sending preproduction cameras with NDAs on footage etc.

We’ll have to wait for production units to get more than the “hands-on” review.. 

11 minutes ago, Django said:

Meh.. fairly standard practice from them. Pre-pandemic this type of launch would have warranted a big hoopla press event in a staged environment with media card doors sealed but instead they went with sending preproduction cameras with NDAs on footage etc.

We’ll have to wait for production units to get more than the “hands-on” review.. 

I got my pre order in fairly quickly and Adorama is saying July 30th. 

32 minutes ago, crevice said:

Some great looking footage here. Not going to lie, this looks just as good as my Canon C200 videos. Colors looks amazing, dynamic range looks better than I thought it would, and its all shot handheld:

Looks good to me. He's says he didn't experience any overheating issues in 95 degrees... though he wasn't pushing any of the time limits with short clips.

38 minutes ago, crevice said:

Some great looking footage here. Not going to lie, this looks just as good as my Canon C200 videos. Colors looks amazing, dynamic range looks better than I thought it would, and its all shot handheld:

Nice to see that some of the footage are available to download to play with. I thought people testing out the R5 weren't allowed to post footage... Anyway I'm gonna test it out right now !

39 minutes ago, crevice said:

Finally some decent footage. Yeah looks like the r5 might be great after all.

2 minutes ago, mechanicalEYE said:

Looks good to me. He's says he didn't experience any overheating issues in 95 degrees... though he wasn't pushing any of the time limits with short clips.

So in hot weather, if you film 10 second clips and switch off the camera between shots, it doesnt overheat.  Problem solved. 😉

1 hour ago, mechanicalEYE said:

yeah... working within the parameters. LOL

For my needs the R5 might be the FF camera for me. Going to wait to see what the A7SIII and GH6 brings. Maybe the R5 will get a price drop by end of year but I doubt it.

That or I will just get the GH6 and wait for prices to come down before I get a FF. 

3 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

It’s crazy. Profiting off giving choice to users who really want it. Crazy idea.

Canon is really controlling the narrative around this launch. They give the camera to reviewers and then they tell them you can’t talk about RS or anything like they until they release the camera! Meanwhile people preordering with a sense of naivety around it all. 

2 hours ago, crevice said:

Oh, shut up and take my money.  Looks like RED footage.