Canon 9th July "Reimagine" event for EOS R5 and R6 unveiling

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
2 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

Dynamic range looked bad in the videos not sure if it’s my feed or what. It almost looked like HLG mapping with wrong mapping

yes exactly, dont look any better then 5D III ML RAW. And that camera is 6 years old. (it probably will be a bit better, but at this point I can't see it, more DR and more slowmotion options was all the 5DIII was missing). 
How is the ISO/noise performance, nobody seemed to review that decently. 

41 minutes ago, ade towell said:

yes the price is ridiculous in the UK too, £4,200 whereas in the U.S. it's $3800 which works out to £3000. Horrible

We pay sales tax in most states here. 5-8% depending where you live. 

Watched Peters video. Footage looked way better than Canons live feed.

I seem a bit of artifacts in 4k120p but that is acceptable.

4K 24p looked very nice. Stabilization looked really, really good.

Very tempting. Sony, ball is in your court.

8 minutes ago, sanveer said:

120fps with sound is actually pretty useless. But some ILC does apparently record sound. Not sure which one it is. 

I use it all the time on my S1H and slo motion mountain biking. Its nice to have some background noises of tyres, movement in slo motion, especially if you apply a speed ramp. 

According to this you can record 8k to the CFexpress and 4k simultaneously to the SD card. Dual zebra settings too. Nice.

Also 8k 10-bit HDR. I like the reorganized menus when selecting recording options, its a pain on the R without my glasses, LOL!

And more on the IBIS

4 minutes ago, Mackeral_Fillet said:

I use it all the time on my S1H and slo motion mountain biking. Its nice to have some background noises of tyres, movement in slo motion, especially if you apply a speed ramp. 

I havent used it on an ILC, but I remember using it on my Samsung S7 smartphone where it had some creative editing with the sound. It vacillated between video slowed down in post and played at real time. It played the sound at real time, it sounded lime regular 24fps. I am guessing at slowed speeds it may sound like some strange animal yawning. 

6 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

We pay sales tax in most states here. 5-8% depending where you live. 

Watched Peters video. Footage looked way better than Canons live feed.

I seem a bit of artifacts in 4k120p but that is acceptable.

4K 24p looked very nice. Stabilization looked really, really good.

Very tempting. Sony, ball is in your court.

My beef is with the pricing not the camera itself - I know you can avoid tax in lots of the U.S. by buying from a different state.

I don't understand why Canon has priced this at £4200 here in the UK when it is $3900 in the U.S (£3082). That is a huge difference. 

In comparison the Panasonic S1H is £3600 in the UK, $4000 in the U.S. (£3162). Still paying more here in the UK but not such a huge difference