Canon 9th July "Reimagine" event for EOS R5 and R6 unveiling

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

I don’t really care about 8K record limit. 4K will be a bummer but I can see why they are doing it (heat and product segmentation).

I think, from what we know, there will be a few gotchas.

1) R5 has the specs but will most likely suffer from bad RS, especially in 8K modes and non cropped 4K.

2) The R6 looks like the perfect camera for people that don’t care about 8K. The R6 is what everybody wanted from the R. I have a feeling, based on past behavior from Canon, there’s going to be a major pain point that will make you think twice. Something like no 24p in 4K for instance.

But I haven’t been this excited for a Canon camera in a while. Really hope they set the  bar high.

14 minutes ago, zerocool22 said:

I never returned any product I bought, isnt it a weird way of thinking. Buying something, testing it and if you dont like it return it? What happens to the product, does it get sent back to canon to be inspected and branded refurbished or do they just sent it to somebody new. Strange that this is legal, its like those people buying an expensive dress, go out and return the dress. Sorry for the off topic rant.  

Maybe I wasn't clear, I'm saying its not going to ship for weeks, so people can make a decision whether or not to keep an order based on reviews and downloading files to see if they're happy with the IQ and workflow and any dealbreaker gotchas. Sorry if that wasn't clear - I don't play the return window tester game, most of my gear is bought used anyway to avoid paying full price.

Cheers

Chris

Looks really good! You guys in US are quite lucky. I think we got F-ed in Sweden as the pre-order price equals close to $6000 😱 Insane. Was hoping it would have been a bit lower than that. But overall it looks like a great camera for hybrid shooters.