Canon 9th July "Reimagine" event for EOS R5 and R6 unveiling

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
7 hours ago, zerocool22 said:

Nobody said that he was the only one, but he is at the live event so I think it is safe to asume that at least he got one already. 

Seem they invested in popular social media figures instead of filmmakers that shoot shortfilms/commercials,  or maybe not. We will see. I do miss those years where camera's were given to "Vincent Laforet" for the C300 commercial, or Philip Bloom for the GH3 commercial,... those were the kind of video's that made me want to buy the camera's. (and I did) 

Canon has a gear loan program.  Is this what Bloom and others were working with?

4 hours ago, Super8 said:

Canon has a gear loan program.  Is this what Bloom and others were working with?

Nah they were paid to do a release video to show when the cameras were released. (At the time I found it strange that they hired Philip Bloom for it as he is more of a docu style shooter, but he pulled it off nicely)

• Administrators
16 hours ago, androidlad said:

I can confirm that 4K HFR modes (50 - 120p) are achieved using 2 x 2 pixel binning. It's a relatively elegant solution because there's no line-skipping involved. The image will be very soft with lower moire and lower noise compared to other subsampling methods.

@androidlad

I am going to ask that you put a link to your sources.

I've let you continue for a long time as a lot of your posts contribute to our understanding and inform us about leaks.

But we need more transparency from you and a better way to validate the info which we have no way of knowing if it's authentic.

I also think if you are passing off other people's info as your own, it isn't really ethical (like with the Graeme Nattress quote)

And if you are the source, leaking inside info from a company you work for then that is most likely illegal.

So... the URLs from now on please, or a ban.

It's up to you.

• Administrators

So yeah, another example of cutting and pasting, pretending it's his own 'inside info'.

Could be complete bullshit for all we know.

PS - on a lighter note, the GFX 100 with f/w 2.0 and 50mm F3.5 is reducing my will to buy the EOS R5 by a factor of a lot. Perfect AF, enormous epic look, and Fuji's colour science in 10bit is just... Cinema on a stick.

10 minutes ago, Video Hummus said:

800mm F11...still surprised at the size. It looks like it collapses down or something.

Oly 300mm f4 + 1.4x converter is still extremely competitive against this thing

From the full lens lineup image its definitely retractable. Given the body + lens weights I disagree about anything m43 being competitive, not with a 45-mp sensor behind the Canon lens, compared to 20mp max on m43, and the rumored high rez R body in the pipeline widens that gap even further. And these can take the 1.4x and 2x TC's that will be announced. Between the cropping ability and the TC's, this is an amazing amount of reach for such a small package. I spent a few months in Africa exploring wildlife parks, this would have been in my pack if available. Plus f/11 AF, the R5 will focus in much lower light. Personally I find the 100-500 with TC's more interesting. But a hand holdable 800mm lens, amazing.

Chris

1 minute ago, heart0less said:

think it's for the better.

The more space, the more efficient heat dissipation.

This design really reminds me the good old Canon.
Black bricks with funny buttons.

Agreed. I just hope the rolling shutter performance is better than on the 1dxIII. Can’t see how though.

• Administrators

The R6 looks like the one to go for.

10bit rumoured. 5K oversampling. Better low light. No pixel binning. No 8K or RAW but those are impractical.

$2500.

Sony A7H (A7S III successor) is rumoured to have 10K, 4K Quad Bayer mode, RAW and to beat the EOS R5 in the specs arms race.

Going to be an interesting week for sure.

10 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

@androidlad

I am going to ask that you put a link to your sources.

I've let you continue for a long time as a lot of your posts contribute to our understanding and inform us about leaks.

But we need more transparency from you and a better way to validate the info which we have no way of knowing if it's authentic.

I also think if you are passing off other people's info as your own, it isn't really ethical (like with the Graeme Nattress quote)

And if you are the source, leaking inside info from a company you work for then that is most likely illegal.

So... the URLs from now on please, or a ban.

It's up to you.

@androidlad is a great forum asset. You ban very valid people and now this ...
How many times have you taken advantage of his information for your front page? 

BTW, @androidladphoto profile says everything

• Administrators

Which "valid" people have I ever banned. Name one.

"His" information isn't his. That's the thing you numpty.

Trying to fool us into thinking he's some sort of oracle when actually he is all cut & paste.... Not cool is it.