Sony A7S III

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Good catch, I think you’re right.. looking at a similar vlog he did a month ago with an A73, the footage is night & day:

skin tones are awful, motion cadence is terrible, grading breaks up, rolling shutter is visible and at 5:30 the highlights are all blown.

whereas on his latest car review, IQ looks amazing with much better DR, skin tones and almost no RS. If so, A7S3 is shaping up to be a major upgrade in Sony IQ. 

Pretty excited for tomorrow’s announcement!

1 hour ago, Django said:

whereas on his latest car review, IQ looks amazing with much better DR, skin tones and almost no RS. If so, A7S3 is shaping up to be a major upgrade in Sony IQ. 

Devil's advocate arguing the counterpoint: perhaps it is not only the camera which changed, but rather his whole workflow changed too? Sometimes when you get to handle an extra special camera, you go the extra mile in all the details as well when working with it. (also, his Sony handlers might be looking over his shoulder too, give guidance to make sure he doesn't screw up shooting with their new baby)

I highly doubt Sony is looking over his shoulder. The guy has been traced back to being the one who blew his NDA by carelessly leaking the camera body image.. besides no “workflow change” can improve things like rolling shutter in the driving scenes or during his brutal whip pans..

On 7/25/2020 at 5:35 AM, Trek of Joy said:

The video didn't show a HDMI cable, the guy from the video commented on SAR that the external recorder was recording at 50p, so who knows. Seems weird to have an external only option that's almost impossible to record at the moment, how are all the Youtubers going to proclaim it the greatest camera ever if they can't test it? Unless there's an ass kicking Ninja VI about to be dropped, which would make sense because I recently bought the Ninja V.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-24 um 21.32.15.jpg

Why is no-one talking about the most scandalous part of this leaked image....   that the screen says SONY on it, but it's only the right way up when it's in selfie mode.

The new A7SIII.  Vlogging camera to the stars.

It could have been shot with the A7SIII or possibly the S1H. He definitely uses the S1H for a lot of his work. But does he have two of them? What was filming the shots of the S1H while he was filming? The Ninja V that he is using has a small scratch on the upper left-hand corner. This appears in the car video as well as the leaked photo. For sure he has a connection to the leaked photo of the A7SIII.

10 hours ago, terozzz said:

A week ago they used a7III and the skin looks totally different in same studio and light: 

Huomautus 2020-07-27 012009.png

Well its not the same light, but the skintones on the image on the left do look way better.

Ha so confused with the camera options out right now, atleast of of those guys should have a r5, s1h, pocket 6k, f6 to do some side by sides...

1 hour ago, zerocool22 said:

Well its not the same light, but the skintones on the image on the left do look way better.

Ha so confused with the camera options out right now, atleast of of those guys should have a r5, s1h, pocket 6k, f6 to do some side by sides...

yeah completely different lighting. Can't compare them. There only one choice if you want organic image, cinematic colors and proper motion cadence. Hint: its not the japanese ones 🙂

15 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

yeah completely different lighting. Can't compare them. There only one choice if you want organic image, cinematic colors and proper motion cadence. Hint: its not the japanese ones 🙂

Yeah but I am afraid I Am not rich enough for Arri stuff 🙂

You don't necessarily need ARRI/RED to achieve those objectives.

Any camera that shoots RAW, ProRes, 10-bit 4:2:2 ALL-I Log should easily get you there.

FWIW Netflix capture requirements:

Capture Format

RAW (X-OCN, REDCODE, Arriraw etc.)

COMPRESSED (XAVC, AVC-Intra, ProRes, or other I-Frame capable formats)

Minimum of 16-bit Linear or 10-bit Log processing

Minimum data-rate of Bitrate of 240 Mbps at 23.98 fps

If this really is the S3,  impressed with the minimal rolling shutter, dude is whipping the camera around and rolling on the highway and not getting a lot of jello. Wonder what lens is being used, looks wider than my 16-35, maybe the Sigma 14-24 at 14mm or even the 12-24, at times the edges are really stretched. But I am seeing some of that wide angle wobble around 5:00 and the whip pan at about 5:17 shows the worst of the RS. Still looks pretty good IMO.

Chris

1 minute ago, Django said:

That’s what I’m saying, RS appears pretty darn good. 

Btw, those leaked “official” pics appears to be fake.

Apparently the top view is fake, the front and back are sourced from @nokishita_c , he is usually very reliable.

16 minutes ago, Yurolov said:

Reeks of mass consumer product

Isn’t that exactly what it is?

It may well find itself in higher-end situations but it is still designed for and sold to a mass consumer market. Komodo is possibly the least mass-market visually.