Sony A7S III

Andrew Reid

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
1 hour ago, Django said:

Hmm.. so now he's actually advising people to ignore the overheating tests. The plot thickens..

xy2ejCA.png

I thought he was sort of saying ignore the test (as a test of  WHEN the camera will overheat) IF it has the camera imposed limit set.    

To me that would indicate it is doing what it is supposed to do.

IF it overheats when it shouldn't then of course it should be called out as any camera should be.

11 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

Downloadable clips and probably the most excited review you'll ever see. I don't speak Italian, but they're shouting the whole time, its great. 

Only you, Chris, to make me have a good laugh today...

Have you ever been in Italy (especially from Tuscany to South)? ; )

Funny and informative review in Italian, that's for sure... @Danilo Del Tufo

Pretty curious definition of Italian joy & cinema BTW ; -)

5 minutes ago, Danilo Del Tufo said:

I do speak Italian, the review is hilarious but a little confusing, not very professional.

C'mon Danilo, this (talented) guy knows of his craft... ; )

Orson Welles once said about Rossellini, he was not such a big deal... : X

Because all Italians are great actors, that's the whole point according to his refined state of the art sarcasm... LOL : -)

58 minutes ago, Django said:

He could buy 10. Who the hell cares? Do you really rate gear on what other people purchase? As much as you’d like it to be it isn’t some popularity contest..

I take into account people's opinion's on equipment who I rate based on their previous body of work, which in his case is extensive, detailed and impartial versus somebody that accuses somebody of being a shill with zero evidence to support it with nothing other than their own unsubstantiated opinion. 

You're basically trashing the guys hard earned, long established reputation based on your own opinion.

20 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Only you, Chris, to make me have a good laugh today...

Have you ever been in Italy (especially from Tuscany to South)? ; )

Funny and informative review in Italian, that's for sure... @Danilo Del Tufo

Pretty curious definition of Italian joy & cinema BTW ; -)

I have been to Italy, rented a car and drove around for two weeks when I was touring Europe a couple years ago. Some of the most amazing sunsets I'ver ever seen were in Tuscany and along the Amalfi Coast. Would love to go back with the a7s3.

I tried to watch the video with auto translate but a lot didn't make sense. Still fun to see everyone's reaction to the camera, even if they were acting for the video. Priceless.

Cheers

Chris

11 minutes ago, Trek of Joy said:

I have been to Italy, rented a car and drove around for two weeks when I was touring Europe a couple years ago. Some of the most amazing sunsets I'ver ever seen were in Tuscany and along the Amalfi Coast. Would love to go back with the a7s3.

I tried to watch the video with auto translate but a lot didn't make sense. Still fun to see everyone's reaction to the camera, even if they were acting for the video. Priceless.

Cheers

Chris

Yeah, Italy is an irresistible old/new love we always want to return back... no doubt : )

Have you given up from R5, Chris? I didn't yet...

; -)

7 hours ago, jgharding said:

In comparison with few days ago posted newer promo clip for UMP12K by John Brawley - IMO this one looks ridicule at every level  picture wise. Judging solely regarding provided content, promotional Peter MC's short R5 film looks far better, actually as work of seriously capable tool.

I admit that is out of my grasp how and why Sony PR boаrd may approve such material as promotional for 4000+e video camera.  But I have no the least amount of doubt that. say, Brandon Lee will make some masterpieces with a7sIII.

To change the subject from overheating cameras how do the Sony A series perform in cold weather? I'm talking "not being able to feel your fingers "cold.  I have used my DSLR down to -23F with no problems (though I'm sure that's below it's rated temp range).

Ted

1 hour ago, Nezza said:

I take into account people's opinion's on equipment who I rate based on their previous body of work, which in his case is extensive, detailed and impartial versus somebody that accuses somebody of being a shill with zero evidence to support it with nothing other than their own unsubstantiated opinion. 

You're basically trashing the guys hard earned, long established reputation based on your own opinion.

Why are you still even here arguing with me? God has spoken and you shall follow the rule of three: Click Geralds link and add to cart Three A7S3’s.. a C300 Mark 3 you shall forget & replace with thee.

Tons of reasons why he might choose two A7S3 over a C300 MK2. Biggest is that its two cameras for less than the price of one C300 MK2. The Sony is also a much more practical travel camera. He also does a ton of studio stuff so direct sun is probably not an issue for him. 

I've seen the A73 used a ton professionally for video and photos, and the A7S3 is a more capable piece of gear, at least for video so.....

Too bad the colors are still wack on the A7S3. 

8 minutes ago, ryne275 said:

Max Yuryev says the A7 III (when compared to A7S 3) has more detail in 4K/24P thanks to its oversampling. But Gerald Undone is reporting the complete opposite. Who's right? Is Gerald shilling?

Polin has a test showing both. The A7 III looks much better. It really is like night and day if this test is to be believed.

40 minutes ago, thebrothersthre3 said:

Tons of reasons why he might choose two A7S3 over a C300 MK2. Biggest is that its two cameras for less than the price of one C300 MK2. The Sony is also a much more practical travel camera. He also does a ton of studio stuff so direct sun is probably not an issue for him. 

Oh right, the price / form factor argument! Kinda begs to question why was the C300 MK3 even considered in the first place? Oh wait maybe it never was..

I've seen the A73 used a ton professionally for video and photos, and the A7S3 is a more capable piece of gear, at least for video so.....

M'kay.. Touché.

Too bad the colors are still wack on the A7S3. 

Nonsense. A7S3 is a technical masterpiece & is as perfect as it gets!