Olympus sells Imaging Business

Yurolov

18 hours ago, noone said:

Has Olympus put a PDAF sensor in ANY camera other than the EM1 (1,2,3 and X)?    

I would love it if they did because I want as cheap a camera as I can find to adapt my two 43s DSLR lenses and they really need a PDAF camera (mine have issues so may not work at all or only partly so currently the lead candidate is a used EM1 mark 1).

History tells me they will not put it in any camera as it stands and might be a small part of what has killed them, to do so now would be too little too late and a bit of a WTF moment.

Fuji have PDAF in their entire lineup (XT-4 to X-A7), yes, Olympus is wrong.

• 1 year later...
EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
On 6/24/2020 at 11:21 AM, rawshooter said:

Jip is not a company that will continue building cameras or lenses - they buy up brands like "Vaio" from Sony to sublicense them for cheap no-name products.

The brand Olympus will stay with Olympus for the (now) core business of medical equipment.

Olympus imaging brands such as OM-D, Zuiko and Pen will soon appear on smartphones, selfie sticks and the like, ending up like Polaroid and Rollei did before.

Olympus' camera technology is now history, like Yashica/Contax in the past.

Nope. It looks like you called it wrong.

On 6/24/2020 at 12:41 PM, BTM_Pix said:

Funnily enough, I was going to post in the Panasonic G100 thread that Olympus had all the tools necessary to make a really good vlogging camera and might find their niche there to get some momentum back.

Sadly, with a company like JIP, we will get to see an Olympus vlogging camera but it will just be their name on an Aliexpress £40 special like this.

new_olympus.thumb.jpg.f70291e8046c0b17b32584e58a02ebe0.jpg

When I was a kid starting out as a photographer, Olympus was a big enough brand to be running a long running series of TV ads featuring Bailey so its sad to see it all ending with it going full circle and before long people will be saying "Olympus, who were they?"

Nope. Not yet. 🙂

On 7/14/2020 at 1:43 PM, rawshooter said:

Apparently, the Olympus brand name will be dropped from cameras and lenses, and they will simply be sold as "OM-D", "Pen" and "Zuiko" with no other brand name. But that was to expected after the sell-off:

https://www.43rumors.com/what-happens-next-2020-camera-and-lens-release-will-definitely-contonue-after-that-new-products-will-be-branded-as-omd-and-zuiko/

Well, in 2022, it looks like "Olympus" will still be on the camera. Great news!

On 7/22/2020 at 1:18 AM, rawshooter said:

Just look at what JIP did with the Vaio laptop brand, and you get an idea of the future of Olympus' cameras and lenses.

The future cameras and lenses won't even be called Olympus because JIP didn't acquire the right for that name, but only "Pen" and "OM-D" without any other brand name.

I bet almost any price that they will slap these brands on rather generic Chinese cameras and lenses like the Xiaomi MFT camera and lenses.

Wrong again.