Olympus sells Imaging Business

Yurolov

@IronFilm

Thanks for the great info. 

29 minutes ago, IronFilm said:

So? For film sets that's true for *ALL CAMERAS*. (unless you're a small minority who want to surrender to the machine and let Canon's DPAF do its guesswork, or something similar. And no, DPAF is not the same as having a professional 1st AC pulling focus)

My comment that was taken out of the original reply was about run and gun with the P4K and keeping the camera footprint small.  MFT was mention as being great for run and gun.  

When did I ever say DPAF was the equivalent to having professional 1st AC pulling focus. 

DPAF or AF tracking with the new FF cameras lets true run and gun shooters get shots that would take hours to get with a professional 1st AC pulling focus.  DPAF and AF tracking is not letting the camera do the guess work.  It's also not a small minority that use DPAF or AF tracking.   The GH5's and other cameras have faulty AF so defenders say things like "unless you're a small minority " and "let Canon's DPAF do its guesswork". And at the same time exucses for the GH5's color, bad codec and outdated image quality gets over looked. 

Now you moved the conversation to "professional 1st AC pulling focus" and "This is why you've got a 1st AC on all but the most micro of micro budget film sets."

C'mon man this whole thread is talking about the most micro of micro budgets with GH5 users creating great feature films on low budgets.  Do you really think we're suppose think the GH5 has a 1st AC attached to it?  This will get us into the "lets save money by using the GH5 and rig it out because we can't afford the C300 II"

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Well this topic went sideways... I thought it was about Olympus and their imminent demise?

The problem which exists on a lot of forums etc always seems to come from 'hidden' members who all seem to share the same traits:

Weird profile name.

No avatar.

No profile info.

No links to any work, website, social media.

Nothing.

Folks like you, I don't take seriously.

In fact I don't place any merit on anything you say because you could be a school child in your mothers basement, - there is no way of knowing.

What is it this type of folks have to hide except perhaps everything?

So go spit your dummies out by all means but you are only kidding yourselves if you think you have any credibility on-line.

PS: MrSMW = my actual real world name abbreviated.

6 hours ago, MrSMW said:

Well this topic went sideways... I thought it was about Olympus and their imminent demise?

The problem which exists on a lot of forums etc always seems to come from 'hidden' members who all seem to share the same traits:

Weird profile name.

No avatar.

No profile info.

No links to any work, website, social media.

Nothing.

Folks like you, I don't take seriously.

In fact I don't place any merit on anything you say because you could be a school child in your mothers basement, - there is no way of knowing.

What is it this type of folks have to hide except perhaps everything?

So go spit your dummies out by all means but you are only kidding yourselves if you think you have any credibility on-line.

PS: MrSMW = my actual real world name abbreviated.

The majority of the EOS is anonymous in nature.  This comes out of the mob mentality that base their opinion based on inner circle of influence. 

Sorry but your post is weird and creepy just for the fact that you think you need to know who I am and what I look like. People downvote my comments, get confrontational, say I live in my mom's basement and then ask for my real name, company website and link to films/tv I've worked on. You don't see an issue with that?

I could very well be working on Stranger Things (before lockdown).  If so what would that prove about my comments?  or what would you do with that information?  I have no doubt someone would make a call to people they know to affect my standing on said show.

55 minutes ago, Emanuel said:

Not exactly, not everyone.

Just like most of us on here. 

Yeah, Facebook proves people are willing to be as awful under their real names as they are under aliases. 

Though I do think when someone is being condescending to others and acting as though their experience is more significant/important than others, they should be compelled to show who they are and what they've done, otherwise they're just denigrating others work and experience while hiding behind anonymity. 

It's not too difficult to see @IronFilm's work/experience, as I subscribe to his YouTube and see him active on Facebook groups, so seeing someone diminish his knowledge and experience by just calling him "an audio guy" really kinda ticks me off. 

1 hour ago, Super8 said:

The majority of the EOS is anonymous in nature.  This comes out of the mob mentality that base their opinion based on inner circle of influence. 

Sorry but your post is weird and creepy just for the fact that you think you need to know who I am and what I look like. People downvote my comments, get confrontational, say I live in my mom's basement and then ask for my real name, company website and link to films/tv I've worked on. You don't see an issue with that?

I could very well be working on Stranger Things (before lockdown).  If so what would that prove about my comments?  or what would you do with that information?  I have no doubt someone would make a call to people they know to affect my standing on said show.

I don't tend to make a habit of making anything personal, but in your case, I'll make an exception and just this once (ie, will not comment further) and that is...

I didn't name or mention you, but your direct response to me made it about you and you exclusively, you very special and more than a bit paranoid internet entity.

When anyone posts or says anything anywhere and purports it as fact, unless the source is a known, bona-fide, regular trusted source, folks (naturally) question it and ask for references.

People who post shit with zero references other than, "you're gonna have to trust me on this, I'm an authority", just come across as opinionated brainless idiots.

I'm not suggesting you are one. I don't know you or anything about you but based on a lot of your posts and general defensiveness, have no credibility with me, not that you'd care about that.

The bottom line for me though is this kind of shit is what stops many from posting or simply just going elsewhere, ie, it's not participating as part of a community, but pontificating from your perceived lofty cloud.

But whatever, do what you like, it's not my forum anyway and whatever comeback you now make...because you won't be able to help yourself, won't elicit a response from me.

Ciao.

45 minutes ago, Andrew Reid said:

I have been considering real names for this forum for a while but it doesn't seem to help the comment standard on the EOSHD Facebook group

Another private (photographers) forum did this and virtually overnight all the shitkickers and keyboard warriors were gone...and the place was better for it.

Still not perfect. No one is ever going to get on 100% with everyone else in any community and there's nothing wrong with discussion or disagreement. It's not called a 'forum' for nothing!

Facebook however is the devils work.

18 minutes ago, newfoundmass said:

Yeah, Facebook proves people are willing to be as awful under their real names as they are under aliases. 

Even knowing a person's name and Facebook profile doesn't automatically mean you trust any knowledge shared.  If their profile is private, aside from knowing their face and some basic details, it shares little of a person's experience.

I could easily say on Facebook that I was once a cameraman for a Royal Wedding (not true 😄), and my name and Facebook profile wouldn't necessarily support or deny that statement.

People still hide behind a Facebook profile and say whatever they want to say, simply because they are behind a keyboard and screen and not face to face.

8 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

Another private (photographers) forum did this and virtually overnight all the shitkickers and keyboard warriors were gone...and the place was better for it.

Still not perfect. No one is ever going to get on 100% with everyone else in any community and there's nothing wrong with discussion or disagreement. It's not called a 'forum' for nothing!

Facebook however is the devils work.

Tell you what if I posted with my real name and info I would post the same way.  I try to make honest post and not attack people. 

Because of this I don't trust people like you that have alternative motives. 

14 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

I didn't name or mention you, but your direct response to me made it about you and you exclusively, you very special and more than a bit paranoid internet entity.

At least I can be honest with my comments and stand by them.  Did you really use the "I wasn't talking about you card"?   This is how you lose credibility.

Please go read my past post.  I never posted my work or attacked anyone else's work. 

@IronFilm sorry for calling you the audio guy.  I know you've put in time and are out making some good work.

11 minutes ago, SteveV4D said:

Even knowing a person's name and Facebook profile doesn't automatically mean you trust any knowledge shared.  If their profile is private, aside from knowing their face and some basic details, it shares little of a person's experience.

I could easily say on Facebook that I was once a cameraman for a Royal Wedding (not true 😄), and my name and Facebook profile wouldn't necessarily support or deny that statement.

People still hide behind a Facebook profile and say whatever they want to say, simply because they are behind a keyboard and screen and not face to face.

What?  This is crazy talk.  Right?   So now you don't trust a guy on Facebook's with a resume and links? 

So you only trust people face to face?   

This sounds like jealous snowflake,  "you don't have what someone else has" thinking. 

I'm not a big shot director or cinematographer but people like you and @MrSMW motivate me to get to the big time just to prove a point.

25 minutes ago, MrSMW said:

But whatever, do what you like, it's not my forum anyway and whatever comeback you now make...because you won't be able to help yourself, won't elicit a response from me.

One thing I know I have and that's talent.   Talent in creativity, photography, vision and getting the shot.   You can take that any way you want.