The New Panasonic G100 “vlogging” Camera to launch June 24th

Video Hummus

2 hours ago, Mustafa Dogan said:

The one of a kind Leica 1,7/15 lens is in my opinion the modern successor of the legendary Summicron 35 on Leica's cameras which originally created the street type, documentary photography in 35mm. There are only a hand full of similarly small but optically perfect lenses (Zeiss SOnnar 2.8/35 for Sony f.e.). But honestly, none of them is as small and light as the 1.7/15 is. Also none of them delivers that kinda unique Leica image fully open at F1.7. I used this lens a lot and in contrary to some, I believe that the 30mm equivalent focal length is absolutely perfect! , .......................................... probably should absolutely consider getting a G100. Yes, GX9 and GM5 have both their own unique appeals but I strongly believe that in total, the new G100 outshines them both for the kind of photography mentioned above.

While I do not think that of lens as a real "leica" (any more than that Sony is a real Zeiss) or all that special, it does seem nice enough and while I do not think much of the new Panasonic camera (especially for what it is being promoted for), anyone that does have that lens WOULD be better off with this new camera than a camera like the GM5 simply because the sensor will be much better and the results will be far sharper.

It is a lens i considered when using M43 nice enough but decided against it for other reasons.

Just look at DXO on it and compare how it rates on the various M43 cameras.     It is only really the 20mp cameras that it shows as being much good (once you stop down to 2.8) so  yes, it should be a nice match for this camera though not for me (lens or camera now).

I have a little point and shoot camera with a "leica" lens and it is crap. 

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
4 hours ago, noone said:

While I do not think that of lens as a real "leica" (any more than that Sony is a real Zeiss) or all that special, it does seem nice enough and while I do not think much of the new Panasonic camera (especially for what it is being promoted for), anyone that does have that lens WOULD be better off with this new camera than a camera like the GM5 simply because the sensor will be much better and the results will be far sharper.

It is a lens i considered when using M43 nice enough but decided against it for other reasons.

Just look at DXO on it and compare how it rates on the various M43 cameras.     It is only really the 20mp cameras that it shows as being much good (once you stop down to 2.8) so  yes, it should be a nice match for this camera though not for me (lens or camera now).

I have a little point and shoot camera with a "leica" lens and it is crap. 

Yes, exactly. This is the camera to go for, if you want to most out of this lens on a compact Pana body. And the EVF of GM5 is a joke against this.

I had a Sony A7rII coupled with a Samyang 2.8/35 (Sonnar clone) before buying Panasonic S1. After selling it and the moment I unboxed the S1,  helding it in my hands, I immediately started of thinking a not so expensive alternative for everyday photography. S1 is simply unusable for that. The lack of a compact 35mm prime lens aside, the body is just too damn heavy and large.

3 hours ago, ntblowz said:

Btw in taiwan u get free Leica 15 1.7 if u preorder the g100 and posted on IG/blog

That literally make the camera half price!

Screenshot_20200718-091801_Chrome.jpg

This deal is CRAZY!