The New Panasonic G100 “vlogging” Camera to launch June 24th

Video Hummus

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs
8 hours ago, no_connection said:

Big question is if there is a limit somewhere and if it can record "indefinitely" with USB power (if that is possible).

That is how I read that spec as well, that it was the limit based upon battery life. (and not the limit based on firmware, that is still unknown...  hopefully unlimited?? And hopefully USB powering!! I'd hope all 2020 cameras have that)

6 hours ago, hoodlum said:

xG100,P20LIFESTYLE,P203,P20online.jpg.pa

xG100_VKIT_front_K_TRIPOD,P20GRIP,P20onl

Darn it! Clearly the  tripod-grip DMW-SHGR1 is a hardwired devices, had hoped it would operate remotely over bluetooth

2 hours ago, Video Hummus said:

Not sure why you would buy this over ZV-1

The Sony doesn't have interchangeable lenses. 

7 hours ago, Andrew Reid said:

Somebody leaked the images to 43rumors.

G100-1.jpg

Impressively small and light, 300g.

Judging from the rear of the camera and the specs, it's a re-worked GF9/GF10/GX850; so no IBIS. Sad, I really wanted a compact m4/3 camera with IBIS!

2 hours ago, leeys said:

Judging from the rear of the camera and the specs, it's a re-worked GF9/GF10/GX850; so no IBIS. Sad, I really wanted a compact m4/3 camera with IBIS!

E-PL series is the the smallest with IBIS

definitely a gx850 with VF size wise

mobile01-510cdba1632ff725c7709410f538fb91.jpg

8 hours ago, Brian Williams said:

It doesn’t even have IBIS it turns out, just some hybrid EIS+OIS system. 

SAD!! That's a big fat no from me. 

Without IBIS it can't stack up in my eyes as an alternative to the Panasonic G85. 

1 hour ago, Yurolov said:

I wonder if it will have the same impact with the youtube shills as the zv1 i.e. 1000 videos drop at once from the likes of Phillip Bloom, that tech channel which exclusively reviews apple products, the fashion blogger that sony paid et cetera et cetera.  

Nah, Panasonic doesn't have the reach/desire/motivation/momentum/drive to give the same degree of big marketing push as Sony does. 

My god, Panasonic outdone themselves on this one. Was really interested in this camera - the attention to the audio part could make it a perfect concert recording camera.

But what they presented:

- As it offers V-Log, expected that the 1,26x crop of the GX9 was not present. Nah, there it is.
- To put even more shit over the top of the cake, the camera have no IBIS, instead uses EIS, with ADDITIONAL 4k crops, as bad as 1,76x with the best IS mode.

- Horrible ergos, buttons scattered on top of the camera, cheap move of not offering a rear dial;

- 10 min 4k limit;

Honorable only mentions, a very bright and hig res LCD, and a big EVF (Dpreview says it is field sequential, others said that not - but even Dpreview, that hates field sequential, said that tearing was not an issue). The positional audio looks clever too, but the mic opening does not look good for teh capsules quality.

Incompetence is what will kill m4/3. Management blindness (almost always underdelivering, the opposite of Fuji, for example), technical stubborness (Olympus: the insane menus, ages to make spot metering coupled with AF point, no option to have camera level AND histogram in the same screen, Mysets confusion, two buttons to engage peaking AND enlarged view / Panasonic: ages to adopt IBIS, idiot crops in smaller cameras, mic inputs in few cameras, field sequential EVFs, crippling record times, bad dials in smaller cameras, mics getting worse, refuse to let DFD go), and not listening to their customers.

28 minutes ago, Márcio Kabke Pinheiro said:

My god, Panasonic outdone themselves on this one. Was really interested in this camera - the attention to the audio part could make it a perfect concert recording camera.

But what they presented:

- As it offers V-Log, expected that the 1,26x crop of the GX9 was not present. Nah, there it is.
- To put even more shit over the top of the cake, the camera have no IBIS, instead uses EIS, with ADDITIONAL 4k crops, as bad as 1,76x with the best IS mode.

- Horrible ergos, buttons scattered on top of the camera, cheap move of not offering a rear dial;

- 10 min 4k limit;

Honorable only mentions, a very bright and hig res LCD, and a big EVF (Dpreview says it is field sequential, others said that not - but even Dpreview, that hates field sequential, said that tearing was not an issue). The positional audio looks clever too, but the mic opening does not look good for teh capsules quality.

Incompetence is what will kill m4/3. Management blindness (almost always underdelivering, the opposite of Fuji, for example), technical stubborness (Olympus: the insane menus, ages to make spot metering coupled with AF point, no option to have camera level AND histogram in the same screen, Mysets confusion, two buttons to engage peaking AND enlarged view / Panasonic: ages to adopt IBIS, idiot crops in smaller cameras, mic inputs in few cameras, field sequential EVFs, crippling record times, bad dials in smaller cameras, mics getting worse, refuse to let DFD go), and not listening to their customers.

Contrast this attitude with smaller Chinese companies like z-cam who have a ceo answering questions on Facebook and improving their cameras based on user suggestions. No usb-c just goes to show how slow and outdated some of these Japanese companies are. 

1 hour ago, Yurolov said:

Contrast this attitude with smaller Chinese companies like z-cam who have a ceo answering questions on Facebook and improving their cameras based on user suggestions. No usb-c just goes to show how slow and outdated some of these Japanese companies are. 

Fuji do a better, if not perfect, job in this regard, too.

People asked for a video / photo switch to separate the modes, got in the XT-4. Asked for IBIS, got in the XT-4. And in the XT-3 and XT-30 the specs delivered surpased the initial expectations - when in the m43 world always there are a lot of caveats, probably with the exception of the GH line.