Nikon 2.8G Series Zooms

Geoff CB

Nikon 16-35 F4, 24-70 2.8, 70-200 2.8G (First Version)

These lenses offer a great range and color with a matched look. For used prices they are a great way to cover a huge zoom range with full frame coverage.

Do NOT go for the 17-35 2.8, overpriced with ugly distortion and bokeh.

Nikon 24-70 2.8G  on Sony F3
takemeback_1.6.1.thumb.jpg.e610dbedfbe4ebdc9999e00cafa47656.jpg1384400189_creepycolor_1.7.1.thumb.jpg.b6930e7d67bbe523ca560b639410d6c0.jpg

EOSHD Pro Color 5 for Sony cameras EOSHD Z LOG for Nikon CamerasEOSHD C-LOG and Film Profiles for All Canon DSLRs

Love the nikon zooms, I have older ones than you, but have enjoyed my time with them.

I have the 20-35/2.8, 28-70/2.8, 80-200/2.8 set and like them a lot. 

Depending on how things go I'm considering getting into the Nikon Z system, if I did that I'd be tempted to upgrade my trio to your set. I love that 16-35, I've been tempted to upgrade to that one before. Your shots look great.

On 6/18/2020 at 1:26 AM, IronFilm said:

What do you think of the Nikkor 17-55mm f/2.8G for DX DSLRs? (seems like it would be a perfect match for other S35 cameras like the PMW-F3)

On 6/18/2020 at 9:01 AM, homestar_kevin said:

I've never used one of those, but have only heard good things. Seems as well built/better than the Canon 17-55/2.8.

I've almost picked one up several times, but have mainly stuck to FF lenses. The nikon 16-80mm f/2.8-4 is really tempting too.

I've heard the 17-55 has some pretty bad purple fringing on highlights so I've avoided it. Also it doesn't have a big enough range to justify adding it to what I already have.

Definitely been tempted by the 16-80 because of its great range and would make a great run and gun combo. Wish it was a constant f4 or f3.5

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, homestar_kevin said:

That looks great. I hope the Z line keeps going and gives us more internal recording options, I really like everything I've seen from the z6.

All I want is internal N-log in 10-bit. That's it. If Nikon would just give me that I would be happy, I don't even need 4K 60p I just need an internal log profile or for them to fix their external video delay problem.

14 hours ago, Geoff CB said:

All I want is internal N-log in 10-bit. That's it. If Nikon would just give me that I would be happy, I don't even need 4K 60p I just need an internal log profile or for them to fix their external video delay problem.

I completely agree. Hopefully this summer will see them implement some of that, with the next Z camera, or continued firmware updates, or maybe both

13 hours ago, DeloresRuggiero said:

This is a great lens. Sharp, excellent contrast, excellent colour, even wide open. Focus is fast and accurate, build quality is awesome. Extremely consistent. If you make money off photography (weddings, studio, etc), this is the lens to get for DX.

Hello!

May we know which lens are you referring to?

Is it the AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm VR you mention later?